Lotus Blossoming Box
By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: To close the box, gather the lotus blossom petals to the center and slide into the top box. When the box opens, the flower blossoms again, revealing the greeting.
- Punch out the large and medium flowers from the Box Elements 1 die-cut sheet and the largest flower from the Box Lid 1 sheet. Fold the score lines.
- Foam tape the small foil petals from the Box Lid 1 sheet to the non-foiled outside of the large flower.
- Layer the 3 flowers slightly offset, and place foam tape on the bottom center of each flower between the layers.
- Foam tape 3 layers of the octagonal shapes and place a sentiment on the center.
- Punch out the lid from Box Lid 1 sheet and fold the scored lines. Tape the small flaps on each side panel to the panel on its right, aligning the edges.
- Thread the “Happy Birthday” tag with a 6” length of lavender grosgrain ribbon and glue the ribbon ends to the box center.
- Offset and layer with small lotus flowers from both die-cut sheets to the box top, using foam tape. Foam tape a sentiment to the center of the flower.