Love You Lots card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer's Tip: This card uses 2 types of embossing: dry embossing (with a stylus and pad) and heat embossing (with VersaMark ink pad, embossing powder and heat gun). Mix and match pieces of different elements on the Pergamano® template to create a one-of-a-kind card! To glue your piece to the card, use Tacky Glue in tiny dots on only the embossed (white) areas so that your glue won't show through.
- Find the pink/purple/yellow piece of rainbow Pergamano® Parchment and cut a piece 6 3/8"x4 7/8" with the pink at the top.
- Place the metal template on the parchment so the swirls with hearts are at the top left. Secure with stencil tape. Flip the metal stencil and parchment over onto a piercing pad. Pierce the holes on the swirl/heart border. Turn over the parchment and metal template onto the piercing pad, and use the variety of styluses in the embossing tool kit to emboss the lines and larger areas of the border. Remove the stencil tape and inspect your design; fill in missed areas if needed. Repeat this process along the top and bottom of the parchment.
- Use the vertical heart borders along the left and right of the parchment. Instead of piercing the tiny holes, emboss them with the smallest stylus. This makes a delicate white dot border. Make sure you're always embossing on the same side.
- Emboss a flourish branch from the template on the left side of the parchment about 3/4" from the edge, and a mirror image on the right side (simply flip the metal template over to get the reverse). Add a small flourish and heart stem at the bottom middle and heart flowers at the ends of the branches. Finish with a heart in the top center.
- Stamp "LOVE" in the center of the branches with VersaMark ink. Stamp "you lots!" just below and to the right. Pour white embossing powder on the image, shake off excess, and emboss with a heat gun.