By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Before foam taping the heart shaker together, gently wipe the acetate with a damp paper towel to remove any static, and let dry.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cut two 5”x1/2” strips from teal dots paper and glue one even with the top, the other even with the bottom. Glue a piece of red/pink/teal flowers and hearts paper centered on the card, trimming edges evenly. Cut a 5”x1 1/2" pink dots paper and glue centered across the card.
- For the heart shaker--use the Love & Hearts cutting dies and your die-cutting machine to cut the following pieces: 1 lacy heart frame from pink dots paper; use the same die to cut 1 solid inner heart from teal dots paper; one 4 1/4" solid heart each from pink scallops paper, red xoxo paper, and acetate.
- Glue the teal heart centered on the pink scallops paper heart and glue it centered on the pink dots paper rectangle on the card front. Place the pink dots heart frame centered on the solid red xoxo heart and trace the center heart shape onto the red paper with a pencil. Remove the frame and place the red heart on your cutting mat. Use your knife to cut out the traced heart shape. You should now have a solid red heart frame.
- Apply Ultra Clear Tape to red frame and align the acetate heart on top. Press in place. Position the pink dots heart frame centered on the acetate heart and glue in place. Turn the paper/acetate heart over. Add pieces of foam tape around the edges of the acetate heart so they are hidden by the frame. I used 3 layers of foam tape for adequate depth. Place a “pinch” of heart confetti on the center of the teal dots heart. Place the acetate heart with frame centered on the teal/pink heart as shown and press in place. Shake to distribute the heart confetti.
- Use the “Love” cutting die and your die cutting machine to cut the word from white cardstock. Zot™ on the upper right side of the heart shaker. Use 1/4" wide aqua glimmer ribbon to tie a bow. Zot™ the bow on the left side of the heart as shown. Use the wire cutters to trim the legs from the pink ”you” brad and Zot™ below “Love” as shown. Add the light pink “xoxo” on the knot of the bow in the same manner.
- Cut out the “I love you to the moon and back” tag from the tag paper and mat on white cardstock with 1/16” borders. Write or computer print “you” and “me” or names on it as shown. Fold a small piece of aqua glimmer ribbon to the back for a tab. Glue on the bottom left of the card. Decorate the shaker and tag with epoxy heart stickers and glitter heart stickers.