Make Life Special Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Use a Texturz Embossing Mat to get the beautiful embossed pattern to show.
- Card front: Open a blank card and place with the fold running horizontally. Score a line 2½” from the top edge. Close your card and mountain fold along the scored line on the card front. Cut ½” from the right side.
- Follow your die-cutting machine manufacturer's instructions to cut a large decadence frame and center square from ivory cardstock. Run through your machine again with a mouse pad under the cardstock to emboss. Use the Ink Blending Tool to apply Toffee, and then Rusty Hinge inks over the embossed areas of the die-cuts. Repeat the process for another frame and center square set.
- Back the center opening of one large frame die-cut with tan suede, and then mat the entire frame on mocha suede with a 1/16" border. Glue centered on the lower half of your card front. Back a center square die-cut with mocha suede and foam tape on point over the matted frame.
- Stamp “You make Life Special” on ivory cardstock and stamp small wildflowers around it in Toffee and Rusty Hinge inks. Trace a 2” scalloped frame around the image, cut out and mat on mocha suede with a 1/16" border. Foam tape centered on the square die-cut. Zot™ a bow of 1/8” ivory ribbon below the sentiment and a triple bow at the upper left corner, as shown. Zot™ on an ivory blossom.
- Card inside: Cut one inch from the top of the remaining frame/square die-cut set and mat on tan suede with 1/16" borders on the left, right and bottom edges. Glue centered on the lower card panel.
- Stamp “Dearest Friend” and small wildflowers on ivory cardstock, as in Step 4. Trace around, cut out and mat on mocha suede, as in Step 4. Foam tape 3/8” from the lower right corner and Zot™ on an ivory blossom as shown.