Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Match Box Birthday or you can order them separately.
Match Box Birthday Card
By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Make a creative Birthday card using a recycled match box.
- Separate the box pieces. Cover the box cover with 2 5/8”x 5” scalloped paper, with the ends overlapping at the bottom.
- Trace the 1 1/4”x1 3/4” Mini Vintage Sign onto pink dot paper and mat with white cardstock, leaving a 1/8” border. Place a dot of glitter glue at each white cardstock corner. Let dry. Back a Dazzles™ bird with white cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border around outside edge. Color bird with IB2 (blue) pen and the beak with GB1 (gold) pen. Glue to the vintage sign and glue to the box cover top.
- Inside: Cut 2 1/2”x7 1/2” of green gingham paper. Make five 1/2” accordion folds. Cut three 2 1/2”x3/8” strips of scalloped paper and glue across the top or bottom edge of 3 of the folded panels. Fold a 1 1/2” length of 1/2” wide white grosgrain ribbon in half. Glue the ends to the back of the first panel as a pull. Place “A Little Birdie Told Me” Dazzles™ across the first panel with a small brown heart/flower embellished with a dot of glitter glue.
- Back a tiny birdhouse with pink dot paper and “hang” from a black pen line on the 2nd panel. Place a gold heart Dazzles™ on the house front. Place “Friend” Dazzles™ to the left.
- Place “Happy Birthday” Dazzles™ on the 3rd with a heart/flower Dazzles™ with a dot of glitter glue.
- Back a small brown Dazzles™ butterfly with cardstock and color pink and yellow using PP4 and GB1. Glue to the left side of the 4th panel with “Make a WISH” Dazzles™ at the center.
- Leave the 5th panel blank and sign and glue into the bottom of the box. Fold the paper into the box and replace box cover.