Metallic Vine Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: You can use a blender pen to remove any mistakes made with the pens on the metal sheets.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top and cut " from the right side. Cover with green suede.
- Place 4 "x6" metal sheet in the embossing folder and follow your die-cutting machine manufacturer's instructions to emboss the piece. Use the chisel point of pen JG6 to color the raised embossed vine and leaves. Color the leaves again with DG3, and the points of the leaves with CG2.
- Use the Design Tool Kit and permanent marker to center and trace the lovely card front onto the back of the embossed metal sheet. Cut out along the traced edges and use ultra tape to place the long straight edge 1/8" from the fold of your card front. Cut a 1/8" border around the lower edge of the metal sheet, through the card front.
- Cut three "x6" metal strips, color the edges with pen JG6 and use to create a bow: tape one strip " from the fold and place "Mother" Dazzles on the right end. Curve the ends of a 4" long strip to the back (in a loop), wrap a " strip around the center and Zot on the left side of the long strip. Zot two 1 " strips under the "bow" and cut the ends at an angle.
- Card inside: cover with suede and glue 5 "x4 " Family Ties teal tile paper on center. Emboss a 6"x1" metal sheet and color with the pens. Mat the long edges on suede with 1/8" borders and glue 1 " from the fold. Place "Home is where your heart is" Dazzles as shown.