Neon Fairy Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Sprinkle the brightest fluorescent embossing powders on the edges of the fairy wings and dress to get great highlights.
- Use the Design Tool Kit #3 to trace and cut out a Victorian Cutaway from Sweet Life brown on brown dot paper. Place the piece with the fancy cut edge on the right and cut ½” from the left side. Use VersaMark™ to stamp the fairy centered at the right and off the corners and edges, as shown. Dust with each of the embossing powders. I used orange on the head and legs, and alternated colors on the dress and wings. Set with the heat gun. Mat the left side and right fancy cut edge on Mocha suede with 1/16” borders. Use for step-2
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Glue the stamped & matted piece along the fold and cut through the front card panel along the suede mat on the right.
- Stamp and emboss two fairies on brown cardstock, the same as in step-1. Cut out around the image leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape each girl on the left at an angle, as shown. Place Jewel Dazzles™ on the brown areas and Zot™ bows of twine onto the cardstock fairies, as shown.
- Stamp and emboss “Happy Thoughts” in pink on brown on brown dot paper, trace around the greeting with the elegant tag and cut out. Glue a ¼” wide strip of white confetti paper above the greeting and trim even with the edges of the tag. Mat on suede with a 1/16” border. Punch a hole at the top, tie several lengths of both twines at the top and Zot™ at the point on the front card panel. Zot™ a pink glimmer bow at the tag top and place Jewel Dazzles™ on the brown paper.
- Card inside: Cover with white confetti paper. Trace the fancy cut edge of the Victorian Cutaway on the left side of 1 ¼”x6” brown confetti paper and cut out. Mat on suede and glue along the right side of your card.