Get all the major supplies needed to make this project with the Easy Oval Pages Set, or you can order them separately.
Parker Family Spread
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tip: Ribbon stitching is a great way to use the dots on the oval template.
- Back two purple flourish pages with black cardstock (to re-enforce them for ribbon stitching). Place the flourish/floral corner on the bottom left on the left page and the top right on the right page.
- For the left page: On the back of the lilac pattern paper, trace a 6 ½"x4" oval inside of an 8"x5" oval. Cut out on both lines to create an oval frame. Fit a vertical photo inside the oval and trim any excess. Glue the oval frame onto the photo, without gluing down the right side.
- Frame another vertical photo with red pattern paper using the 5"x3" and 6 ½"x4" ovals. Glue the oval frame onto the photo except for the left side. Make a small cut through the oval frame near the bottom left of the oval. Interlock the red oval frame with the lilac oval frame as shown and glue down the loose pieces.
- Cut a 5"x3" green pattern oval and mat onto black cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue to the page vertically, ¾" from the right and 1" from the bottom.
- Glue the interlocking photos to the page slightly overlapping the green oval, 1" from the top and 1½" from the left.
- Ribbon stitching: Trace the dots of the 6½"x4" oval onto the lilac photo frame. Punch 1/8" holes on all the dots with the Crop-a-Dile Big Bite. Take the red crepe ribbon and wrap one end with a small piece of clear tape (to make it easier to stitch). Stitch in and out of all the holes on the oval, taping the ends to the back of the page.
- Use the same ribbon stitching technique to stitch the 6½"x4" red pattern oval frame with pink crepe ribbon. Tie a bow around one of the stitches near the top of the photo.
- Journal on a purple/ivory die-cut tag and glue to the green oval, slightly overlapping the red photo frame. Punch two 1/8" holes at the base of the tag and tie a knot through it with purple crepe ribbon.
- For the right page: Cut a 5"x3" green pattern oval and mat onto black cardstock, leaving a 1/16" border. Glue horizontally to the page, ¾" from the right and 2¼" from the top.
- Cut out the corner flourish on the green pattern paper. Cut a lilac pattern oval frame using the 9"x6" and 8"x5" ovals on the template. Place the frame over a 5"x8" photo and place the green/purple corner flourish under the frame along the right side of the photo. Glue the flourish and the frame to the photo leaving a portion of the right side of the frame unglued.
- Frame a photo using the red pattern paper and the 6 ½"x4" and 5"x3" ovals. Glue the frame to the photo, leaving the left side unglued. Make a small cut through the red frame and interlock it with the lilac frame as shown. Glue down the loose pieces.
- Journal on the purple/lilac die-cut label and glue to the horizontal green oval. Punch two holes at the top of the tag and tie a knot of red crepe ribbon through it. Attach the ribbon ends to the page with small Zots.
- Using the same ribbon stitching method as the left page, stitch the lilac oval with green crepe ribbon and the red oval with purple crepe ribbon. Add a bow of purple ribbon to the bottom of the red frame, using Zots.