Precious Memory Page
By Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Back Dazzles™ roses with patterned paper, then enhance the color with chalk. Decorate the background paper, Paper Tole embellishment, and other Dazzles™ with the Black Jewel Dazzles™.
- Use On Butterfly Wings butterfly collage paper for the background. Mat a 6”x4” photo and a 4 3/4"x3 1/8” photo each on black cardstock with 1/16” borders. Mat each again with On Butterfly Wings pink/brown dots paper with 1/8” borders. Cut 8 1/4"x4 5/8” On Butterfly Wings black scuff/swirls/chandelier border paper with the swirls border on the left side. Glue the larger photo centered on the right side of the rectangle so there is a 1 3/4" border on the left side. Glue on the page, 1 3/4" from the right side and 3” from the bottom. Mat the smaller photo once more on the black scuff portion of remaining paper with 1/16” borders. Glue the corners to the page, 2 1/2" from the left side and 5/8” from the top.
- Pop out the On Butterfly Wings Paper Tole die-cuts for the chandelier embellishment. Layer the pieces together with foam tape as directed on the sheet. Mat with On Butterfly Wings black scuff paper leaving a very thin border. Glue on the page, even with the top and 1 1/2" from the right side.
- Write or computer print journaling with On Butterfly Wings ivory textured paper and trim to a 2 1/8”x1 1/4" rectangle. Mat with On Butterfly Wings black scuff paper leaving 1/16” borders. Glue on the page, 1/2" from the left side and 2 1/2" from the top, tucking the right edge of the journaling beneath the left side of the small photo.
- Place an On Butterfly Wings Dazzles™ scrolled border down the black scuff mat on the left side of the large photo, trimming edges evenly. Add 2 tiny butterflies near the border as shown. Add an additional tiny butterfly on the journaling block. Glue a 8 1/2" length of 1/8” wide brown grosgrain ribbon even with the bottom edge of the large photo mat. Place Dazzles™ “Precious” centered on the bottom edge of the photo. Add a Dazzles™ thin border even with the left edge of the wide side of the photo mat.
- Place the rose portion of a Dazzles™ rose with leaves on pink tiny roses paper. Trim the paper even with the edges of the rose (and bud). Back the leaves on ivory textured paper and trim the edges evenly. Repeat for a total of 4 roses. Lightly apply burgundy chalk on the paper inside the roses, concentrating the color near the center. Foam tape the roses on the page, overlapping the edges of the photos and journaling as shown.
- Back Dazzles™ “Memory” and scroll on black scuff paper, trimming around the edges to leave a thin border. Foam tape “Memory” on the page below “Precious”. Glue the scroll below “Memory”. Back a Dazzles™ heart outline with On Butterfly Wings pink tiny roses paper, trimming edges evenly. Mat with On Butterfly Wings black scuff paper with thin borders. Foam tape on the page to the right of “Memory”. Mat the tiny inside heart on black scuff paper with very thin borders. Glue centered on the pink heart. Add Black Jewel Dazzles™ to the butterfly images on the background paper, Paper Tole chandelier, and other Dazzles™ on the page as shown.
- Take an 8” length of 3/8” wide ivory twill. Place the ends together with a “loop” on top and glue vertically on the right side of the page near the large photo. Repeat with another piece of twill and angle it over the first one. Glue or Zot™ in place. Tie a 6” length of 1 1/2" wide pink crepe ribbon with a knot at the center. Trim the tails and Zot™ angled over the center of the twill. Zot™ a ribbon rose centered on the knotted pink ribbon.