|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||More fun projects with Sara's Surfaces milk cartons, fry boxes and take-out boxes, and savings too!
About the Project
Technique: Holiday scrapbooking
Designer: LeNae Gerig
LeNae's designer tip: Here's a great journaling tip for your holiday pages: Get your guests involved! Make a few quick journaling tags before Thanksgiving, then ask guests and family members to write a short note listing what they're thankful for. Use these journaled tags on your layout...it's a fun way to include several different perspectives on a page, and adds variety to your holiday layouts.
Reasons to be Thankful
By LeNae Gerig
- Cut a 4 1/4x12 strip of leaf paper and ink the long edges black. Adhere the strip 1 3/4 from the top of the brown swirl paper. Mat the 5x7 photo with both pumpkin and dark brown cardstocks, leaving a 1/8 wide mat for each. Adhere the photo across the leaf strip as shown.
- Secure three orange round mini brads to the border near the top right of the photo. Computer journal and print Reasons to be Thankful onto golden cardstock. Trace the tag shape from the template over the journaling, cut out and ink the edges. Mat with dark brown cardstock. Secure the tag with an orange mini brad and attach to the page with foam tape. Group the tag in a cluster with the leaves, secured with a brad, on the left side of the photo as shown.
- Trace the journaling shapes onto the colored cardstocks as shown. Trim into rectangle and square shapes and round the corners with the punch. Ink the edges black and adhere to the lower left side of the page. Adhere an orange leaf among the tags with a Zot.
- Repeat the paper strip and photo matting on the second page. Layer one large yellow and one medium brown leaf and secure with an orange brad to the lower right of the photo. Add three orange brads to the leaf strip, near the top left of the photo.
- Adhere journaling tags and an orange leaf at the bottom right as shown.