Red Christmas Words Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: Cut your embossed cardstock between the words and spread out the pieces to fill the width of your card.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top. Cover with gold metallic paper.
- Open your embossing folder and swipe the inside front (debossed) panel with Crushed Olive distress ink. Place a 6”x4¼” white cardstock in the folder, close it and follow your die-cutting machine manufacturer's instructions to emboss the cardstock. Remove the cardstock and swipe the raised words with Barn Door distress ink.
- Place your embossed piece horizontally and trim to 5 7/8”x4 1/8”. Cut horizontally just under the word “Christmas”. Mat both pieces on a 6”x4¾” burgundy suede paper, keeping a 1/16” border on the outer edges and separating the two pieces in the center.
- Wrap a length of crepe ribbon around the piece, covering the split between the two halves and tying a bow on the left. Glue centered on your card. Place a large pearl on the bow and small pearls on the dots of the embossed area.
- Card inside: Mat the top edge of a 6½”x3/4” burgundy suede paper on gold metallic paper with a ¼” border and glue 1½” from the bottom edge of your card. Stamp “Spread the CHEER” in Barn Door, as shown. Zot™ a knot of crepe ribbon and place two medium pears on the right end of the suede strip.