Reverse Stenciling Card
By Sara Naumann
Sara’s tip: I’ve done this technique with just one color of Distress ink—you could also opt for a variegated look by combining two or more colors on the stencil!
- Place the stencil onto scrap paper and apply Salty Ocean Distress ink all over. Lightly spritz with water, then place white cardstock on top and press gently. Lift and let the inked piece dry, then trim to 5 1/2” x 4” and ink the edges with Salty Ocean.
- Place the sentiment Dazzles™ on a strip of white cardstock and glue across the stenciled piece.
- Mat the stenciled piece on blue watercolor paper, then on white cardstock. Add a border Dazzle™ sticker underneath the white cardstock strip. Place a swirl Dazzle™ sticker at the left side of the card.
- Wrap gold silk ribbon vertically around the matted piece; knot with another piece of silk ribbon.
- Place the card fold at the top. Cover the card front with blue watercolor paper. Glue the stenciled piece to the card front.
- Add butterfly Dazzles™ on the stenciled piece and starburst Dazzles™ at each corner. Place the large butterfly Dazzle™ on white cardstock and cut out; foam-tape to the card front.
- For the card inside: Ink the edges of a 3/4”-wide piece of white cardstock with Salty Ocean. Glue to a 4” x 6” piece of watercolor paper. Ink the edges with Salty Ocean and glue to the inside of the card. Add the sentiments Dazzles™ to white cardstock, cut out and ink the edges, then glue as shown. Add a swirl Dazzles™ sticker and butterfly.