Spring Surprises Page
By Talia Sanderson
Designer Tip: Use an inkpad to color the flowers to match any project.
- Use the pink Lacy circles paper for the background. Cut a 12x1 1/2 blue lace strip. Place white lace Dazzles™ borders on the top and bottom edges. Mat on a 12x1 3/4 moss cardstock with a 1/4 border. Glue to the page 1 1/4 from the top.
- Write or print your title on Lacy blue paper and punch a 3 circle. Ink the edges brown. Mat on a punch a 3 1/2 scallop circle and glue to the right side of the border.
- Back three large heart Dazzles™ and two tiny hearts with Lacy blue paper and cut next to the Dazzles™ edge. Color with Smooch ink as shown. Foam tape evenly spaced to the border as shown.
- Woven mat: Cut the striped paper into sixty 1/4 strips. Lay thirty strips down on your tabletop vertically next to each other and tape one end to hold in place. One at a time, weave a strip horizontally over and under the other strips. For the next strip, weave over and under in the opposite order. Repeat this process until all the strips are used leaving the ends staggered. Glue to the page with the ends hanging over the left and bottom edges of the page. Trim the edges flush with the background paper.
- Photo: Mat a 5x6 1/2 photo on Lace blue paper with a 1/4 border. Ink the edges and mat on moss cardstock with a 1/8 border. Punch a 1/8 hole at the bottom right corner. Layer three small sheer flowers and secure with a gold mini brad. Glue the photo centered on the woven mat.
- Journaling: Print your journaling on 2 3/4x6 1/4 blue Lace paper and mat on moss cardstock with 1/8 borders. Ink the edges and glue to the right of the photo.