|Paper Wishes Weekly Webisodes
||Explore embossing in this week's segment!
About the Projects
Technique: Stamps Only!
Designers: Susan Cobb & Laura Nicholas
Our Personal Shopper Stamps Only! program features a whole new set of acrylic stamps every other month. Want to preview of some of the great project ideas you'll get with your stamps? Read on!
My Creative Ideas Portfolio
By Susan Cobb
Just this past March our Stamps Only! program featured Artsy ABCs Acrylic Stamps, showing members how to use them on scrapbook pages, cards, tagseven this cool Sara's Surfaces portfolio. Our #1 tip? When stamping on brads and glossy surfaces, be sure to use a StazOn ink pad. They're made to dry quickly on non-porous surfaces.
- Ink the edges of a 2"-wide strip of pink dotted paper. Glue the strip across the top flap of the portfolio, trimming the ends even with the edges of the flap.
- Stamp my on the left end of the portfolio's flap, under the dotted strip. Write creative to the right of my.
- Ink the edges of an 11 1/2"x6 1/2" piece of pink dotted paper and glue it 3/4" from the bottom of the portfolio's front panel.
- Ink the edges of an 11 1/2"x3" strip of green/pink striped paper. Attach two pink and two green big brads to a piece of scrap paper. Stamp a D and an A on the pink brads and an E and S on the green brads.
- Layer pink and white silk flowers and attach them in the center of the striped strip with the E brad. Add a green mini brad to the top of a blank brown tag cut-out, then attach the tag to the left of the flowers with the D brad. Loop 5" of brown ribbon and attach it to the right of the flowers with the A brad. Stamp an I on pink dotted paper, punch to a 3/4" circle and ink the edges. Glue the I to the top of a brown big brad. Fold 2" of pink ribbon in half and attach the folded end to the left of the D tag with the I brad. Mat a 1 1/4" square of brown texture paper on pink dotted paper, trim the mat to 1/8" and ink the edges. Glue a folded green ribbon tab behind the top of the mat, then attach the square to the right of the A with the S brad. Glue the striped strip across the portfolio's front panel, 5/8" from the bottom of the dotted paper.
- Wrap green ribbon around the top of the portfolio to keep the flap closed, tying the ends together on the front of the flap.
Joyous Occasion Card
By Laura Nicholas
The January '08 Stamps Only! kit showcased a set of stylish and versatile Botanicals Acrylic Stamps. Members got tips and ideas for using the stamps on scrapbook pages and portfolios, monograms, silk flowers and of coursecards! Laura combined the Botanicals set with brown chalk and ink to add style to basic black and white card quotes. And the stamped flowers coordinate perfectly with the vintage-inspired papers!
For the Card Front:
- Place the card with the fold at the top and cover the card front with dark brown texture paper. Sand the edges, then ink the edges dark brown.
- Crop the quote to 4 3/4"x3 1/4", chalk the edges brown and ink the edges light brown. Chalk various words brown. Mat the quote on brown/aqua dotted paper, trim to 1/4" and ink the edges dark brown. Ink the edges of a 6 1/4"x4 3/4" piece of aqua texture paper light brown and glue the matted quote centered on it. Stamp botanicals in dark brown in the bottom left corner and on the right side of the quote.
- Add the circular A Joyous Occasion ribbon slide cut-out to a length of brown ribbon, then lay the ribbon to the right of the quote. Glue the ribbon ends to the back of the aqua paper, then glue the aqua paper centered on the card front.
- Zot a bow of brown ribbon to the bottom right corner of the card front.
- Ink the edges of laughter, smile and dream cut-outs dark brown, then glue throughout the card front.
For the Card Inside:
- Cover the card inside with brown/aqua floral paper, placing the floral corner in the bottom left. Sand the edges, then ink the edges dark brown.
- Crop the quote to 4 3/4"x3 1/4", chalk the edges brown and ink the edges light brown. Chalk various words brown. Mat the quote on brown/aqua dotted paper, trim to 1/4" and ink the edges dark brown. Stamp botanicals in dark brown on the left side and in the bottom right corner of the quote. Glue the matted quote centered on the card inside.
- Ink the edges of the remember cut-out dark brown and glue it overlapping the top of the quote. Zot a bow of brown ribbon to the bottom of the quote.
Love the projects you see here? Get even more great ideas like these (plus the stamps to recreate them!) every other month with Personal Shopper Stamps Only!.