By LeNae Gerig
Designer’s Tip: Place Flip Flop Fasteners on the back of each tag for easy tag booklet construction.
- Tag 1: Cover the tag with Red Velvet green paper. Mat the long edges of 3”x 3/4” red/black dot paper with Hammered Gold paper, leaving a 1/8” border then glue 1/2” from the tag bottom. Cover the tag back with green tapestry paper. Trace Teresa’s Pick-A-Pocket Curvy Pocket onto Red Velvet red/black dot double-sided paper with the brown houndstooth paper on the inside pocket. Cut and ink the edges of a white Silky Papers Curvy Tag, stamp “Winter FUN” and glue the tag to the inside of the pocket. Glue gold snowflake button to the top of the tag. Stamp Penguin on Silky Papers and color with Spectrum Noir Yellow GB5, Greens CG2 & DG2 and Red CR8. Cut out and foam tape to the corner of the pocket as shown. Thread a large red and white button with thin strips of scrap paper and Zot to the top of the tag and border as shown.
- Tag 2: Cover the top 2” of the tag with Hammered Gold paper and the remaining tag with Red Velvet red tapestry paper. Cover the back with brown tapestry paper. Stamp 2 Happy Elf Small Stamps and “Tis the Season to be Jolly” on Silky Paper. Trace a Pick-A-Pocket Ticket Label over the greeting and ink edges. Glue to the tag as shown with green buttons on each side. Color the elves skin with Pale Hues PP1, clothes and candy with Greens CG2 and DG2 and Reds CR8. Use a Red pen and Blender pen to apply cheeks, blending the red onto the cheek area. Cut out the elves and glue them to the tag along with buttons as shown. Staple a folded length of 3/8” wide red satin ribbon to the top of the tag.
- Tag 3: Cover the tag front with Red Velvet striped paper and the back with red tapestry. Trace a Pick-A-Pocket Ticket Tag onto Red Velvet red/black dot paper and mat with white Silky Papers, leaving 1/16” border and glue to the tag as shown. Stamp the Polar Bears stamp, the heart and greetings onto Silky Papers. Color with Spectrum Noir Red CR8 and Greens CG2 & DG2 pens. Glue to the tag as shown. Trace Pick-A-Pocket Rectangle Tag and Persian Label around the greetings, cut out and ink. Glue to the tag as shown. Zot buttons and a 3/8” wide green satin ribbon to the tag as shown.
- Tag 4: Cover the tag with Red Velvet green tapestry paper and 3”x1 1/2” Hammered Gold border across the center. Cover the tag back with brown tapestry paper. Trace a Pick-A-Pocket Art Deco Pocket onto Red Velvet floral paper with red text on the inside of the pocket. Fold and ink the edges. Glue to the tag as shown. Mat a 1 3/4” square photo with Silky Paper, leaving 1/16” borders. Glue in the pocket. Stamp a penguin and “Winter Fun” onto Silky Papers. Color the penguin with Spectrum Noir Reds CR8, Greens DG2 and Yellows GB5. Cut out the penguin and glue it behind the photo as shown. Trace the greeting with Pick-A-Pocket Persian Label and ink the edges. Glue it to the pocket front along with a gold button. Staple a folded length of 3/8” wide red satin ribbon to the top of the tag.
- Turn the tags over and line up with the edges touching as shown. Place 2 Flip Flop Fasteners between each tag, spaced on the back as hinges for your tag booklet. Accordion fold the booklet and tie a length of brown satin ribbon around booklet to secure.