Time to Celebrate! Card
By Ann Bernklau
Designer Tips: Placing the clock faces on strips of ribbon and paper makes them look like fun wrist watches. Tacky Glue works best for gluing down ribbon strips and knots of ribbon.
- With the fold on top, glue 6 ½"x3" of light blue grid along the top of the card front. Glue 6 ½"x2 ½" of burgundy/blue/green argyle across the bottom.
- Cut a 1"x5" strip of tan pattern. Ink the edges with Timber Brown St?zOn and glue to the center of the card. Do the same with a strip of brown handwriting and a strip of green texture, gluing the brown strip 1" from the left and the green strip 1" from the right.
- Glue a 5" length of blue/brown polka dot ribbon over the brown handwriting strip. Glue 5" of burgundy sheer swirl ribbon over the middle strip, and glue 5" of brown/cream polka dot ribbon over the green strip.
- Use the VersaMark stamp pad to stamp a 1 ¾" clock face onto cream cardstock. Sprinkle on garnet embossing powder, shake off excess, and emboss with the heat embossing tool. Stamp an hour hand on the clock, emboss using emerald powder. Stamp a minute hand and emboss using sapphire powder. Cut around the clock, leaving a 1/8" border. Repeat this process with the other two clocks, rotating the colors for each clock. Stamp "Time to Celebrate!" onto cream cardstock and emboss with garnet powder.
- Foam tape the garnet clock to the center of the card. Foam tape the green clock ½" from the left and ¼" from the bottom. Foam tape the sapphire clock ½" from the top and ¼" from the right.
- Trim the greeting to a narrow rectangle and mat on green pattern, leaving a 1/8" border. Ink edges and foam tape to card 3/8" from the top and left.
- Glue tiny knots of brown/cream stitched ribbon to either side of the greeting.