Winter Greetings Card
By Debbie Samples
Designer Tip: Apply snowflake Dazzles™ to an acetate window for a cute snow scene!
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top. Cover with blue spattered paper. Use the craft knife, cutting mat and a ruler to cut a 3½”x5” rectangle from the center of the card front only, leaving a ¾” wide frame.
- Emboss a 6”x4 1/8” white cardstock with the Swirl Frame Embossing Folder with your embossing machine or even by using a rolling pin. Use the X-acto® knife and cutting mat to cut the frame from the middle. Glue a 5¾"x4” acetate to the back of the embossed frame. Glue to the card center. Place “Winter Greetings” Dazzles™ on a 4”x3/4” white cardstock. Mat on a blue spattered paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges Chambray Blue. Foam tape below the acetate frame.
- Card inside: Cover with blue spattered paper. Place the tree Dazzles™ so they can be seen through the window. Place “Warm Wishes” along the bottom
- Stamp the kids on the sled onto white cardstock with Jet Black. Color as follows: Boy’s hat & boots with BT4, boy’s scarf & hat edge with BT7, boy’s coat with BG2, girl’s boots with FS6 & FS3, girl’s coat & ear muffs with TB1 & TB2, cat & eyelet slip with FS2 & PP1, skin with FS2, FS3 & TN2, girl’s skirt & scarf with BT7, hair TN7 & EB8. Cut out close to the image edge. Position inside so the image can be seen through the window, and glue into place.
- Place the snowflake Dazzles™ on the front of the acetate window around the sledding kids.