You Can Fly Kite Card
By Gail Booth
Designer Tip: For more vibrant colors, dip the tip of a watercolor pencil in water and apply directly to the edges of your stamped image.
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on top. Cut a 6½”x5” Mirage black paper. Glue 6”x4½” Mirage teal/yellow tile paper at an angle as shown. Ink the edges of a 6½”x2” Mirage yellow paper black and glue centered on your card. Wrap a length of red swirl ribbon across the yellow strip, gluing the ends under the black paper edges. Glue the constructed piece to the card front.
- Stamp the bunny/kite image on 5”x3½” Ultra Smooth cardstock in black. Use the ink blending tool to sponge Splash ink around the outer edges, leaving a white “halo” area around the stamped image.
- Color in the image with the watercolor pencils. I used pen numbers #108 & #111 for the kite dots & tail ties, #121 for the kite, #187 for the kite frame, and #234, #273 & #131 for the bunny. Use a wet paintbrush to blend the colors. Let dry, and mat on Mirage black paper with a 1/16" border. Glue on the card at an angle as shown.
- Ink the “You Can Fly” Dazzles™ with black StazOn® ink, let dry and place on the lower right corner of the stamped piece.
- Place Black Jewel Dazzles™ on the corners of the papers and on the kite tail ties. Tie a length of red swirl ribbon into a bow around the ribbon border on the left side.