Queen for the Day!

Guest Blog by Heidi Havens, Paulette’s Niece
Family vacations are meant to be hectic but fun. We decided ahead of time what are the most important things to do so that everyone returns home feeling fulfilled and exhausted. I am so lucky to have Paulette Jarvey, president of HOTP, as my Aunt! I decided since I am one of her many devoted fans that I would love to come to Hot Off The Press for a day, or as long as they would have me. My mind is still reeling from the day I spent there! I thought you might like to hear about my day at HOTP

I emailed my Aunt Paulette some time ago and asked if it would be alright if I came by and spent some time at HOTP. She thought that would be fun and wanted to know if there was anything in particular I would like to see or do. I suggested that I would love to see her and Ann make a webisode. And that was just the beginning.  My day was truly one of the best days I have ever had in my life, corny but true! I was surrounded by fun and creativity on every wall, table, and desk. You walk in and it’s just hanging in the air all around you, intoxicating for all of us crafters.

Right off, I watched them tape 2 webisodes. How fun is that! Then we went out to lunch with her printer who was just a charming character. I also, sat in on a Personal Shopper meeting. Let me tell you, her employees know how to take care of their customers. They actually sit down and look at all their individual sales and discuss any problems or suggestions we as customers may have. They also have a lot of fun and we laughed a ton! (Hang in there, Stan.) I was even lucky enough to ask Designers, Susan Cobb and Lodell Halvorson some questions about stamping on glass. Thank you for the very helpful tips.  Finally, I got to go shopping!!! I had a crafty glow for days.

I just wanted to tell the world that my Aunt Paulette runs a great company that is creative, very well organized, fun, and filled with talented employees who really spend their days making us happy. Thank you all for having me! I had a ball! And I can’t wait for my goodies to arrive!  ~ Heidi

In the spirit of Heidi’s Vacation, here are a couple of Summer Vacation scrapbook pages to inspire you.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

9 Responses to “Queen for the Day!”

1. Ellen Schlagel says:

Love hearing about your day at HOTP! I’ve really enjoyed the weekly webisodes with Paulette and Ann, and their design team is so knowledgeable and creative with their products and different ways to use them. (Watching the taping would be my #1 pick if I could visit too!) The few times I’ve contacted customer service to ask questions they have been so wonderful and quick to respond! I highly recommend HOTP and paperwishes.com to all my friends!

2. Sounds like a great day! I wonder if Paulette is open to adopting a new niece?

3. kathyc/northcarolina says:

Yes, Heidi…we all love and appreciate your Aunt Paulette and all the good folks at Paper Wishes. I stumbled upon the website about 4 years ago when I was just beginning my paper crafting journey. I was hooked right away, and have been a VIP customer for the past 3 years. I’m addicted! Totally addicted! No one else offers the same level of customer service, quality merchandise and reasonable prices that PW affords. i’m jealous that you got to spend the day there! I’ve often wished that I could do that very thing. Maybe that would be a fun contest! Win a day at the PW compound!!!!!

4. Pat Smith says:

Wonderful of you to share your lovely day and much-envied experience with all of us. My own aunt will never hear the end of the gift I got from yours, vicariously! Enjoy the goodies when they come.

5. Brielle says:

Very interesting points. Thanks!

My blog:
    rachat des credits Rachat De Credit

6. Louise says:

What a warm and wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing, Christina!

7. Louise says:

I’m so sorry…I mean Heidi!! (PLEASE EDIT!)

8. Kim Niznik says:

Oh, that must have so much fun and I am a little (okay, very) envious…:O) I had no doubt in my mind how much your Aunt her staff care about their customers, it shows in the products and service they offer us. Thank you for sharing your day with us!

9. Michelle Walsh says:

Heidi I will admit I’m seriously jealous of you…that would be my dream day even a few hours would be enough for me but then again maybe not! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.