Girlfriends Getaway

Our 11th annual Girlfriends Getaway took place last Saturday. It is the result of months of planning and preparation. All year long, I look for ideas and techniques I think the girlfriends will love. Susan Cobb designs the projects and I teach them. This year 95 people attended here at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds in Canby, Oregon. It was a lovely, sunny day. I always hold my breath because you never know here in Oregon. Here are some photos:

Debbie
Debbie and Sharon are checking in the girlfriends. But wait, is that a man? Yes, Mike attends nearly every year along with his two adult daughters. Other girlfriends check out the finished samples that are for sale.

Everyone is peeking through the absolutely stuffed pizza box of supplies they will use all day long. Those pink and green bags on the right hold the 62 prizes and 2 grand prizes that will be given during the day. The gray panels along the left and back of the building hold samples of projects made with new HOTP goodies. Of course, photos were encouraged! A 4’x8′ foam board is suspended from the ceiling to show all the steps.

Joy Banners
Great job as the JOY banners are completed! This is the first of 6 projects.

Throughout the day attendees can have Adam (Paulette’s son) give a shoulder and arm massage. Thank you son but when is my turn?!

After lunch, girlfriends began a Christmas book using brand new journaling notes. This project (and two others) will be part of the Holiday Goodies Week of Webisodes Oct. 17-21.

Girlfriends Getaway is a full day of fun, sharing, learning and laughter. Of course the M&Ms, tasty lunch and, this year, ice cream sundaes were great, too. A giant thank you to all of those at HOTP/PW who helped pack products, set up, tear down, assemble kits, get the food and plan for this once-a-year event. No cooking for me Saturday night, we went out for sushi!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

16 Responses to “Girlfriends Getaway”

1. mary helen politte says:

this sounds like so much fun!

• Paulette says:

It is, it really is! Hey Mary Helen, didn’t you just win for entries on the Message Board during World Cardmaking Day? I think you did and they were wonderful!!! Thank you for participating and it sure seemed like the activities were fabulous. I know the entries were.

2. Heather C says:

Sounds like loads of fun! One of these years I really hope to make it to one!

3. If only we weren’t at opposite ends of the country!

• Paulette says:

Ah Penny, come on over to the left side of the country! See my note to Caroline, we will share three of the projects next week. First time we’ve done that. I hope you like them.

4. Caroline B says:

Wish i lived on your “Wet” Coast, for proximity to this fabulous event!

5. Sounds as if a wonderfully fun and educational time was had by all. I remember how much actual hard work goes into such a great event, but has it ever been considered that you might have one somewhere in the east? Lots of us are really envious of those of you who can make it to such an event.

• Paulette says:

I’m glad you know about the giant amount of work involved. I’m afraid it is all we can do to have one of these. But, if you can ever come to Oregon, we’d love it!

6. Eva Dahlgren says:

How do I get back on your list to let me know about your activities such as the girls outing and your Retailer Day. I only learned about the last Retailer Day 2 days before it happened and was already scheduled for something else because of no advance knowledge. I used to get all the notices, but in the last year I have not gotten the advance notices I used to. Eva

7. kathyc/northcarolina says:

Paulette…you do everything with such style. I was working in my studio yesterday, and sent you a little mental thank you note for all the techniques I’ve learned through your webisodes over the years. I cannot think of a single company that loves and educates its customers the way you do at Paper Wishes! Thanks, from the bottom of my crafty little heart!

8. Jeannie Brown says:

I would love to come. If I know when it is next year, maybe I could go. Looks like so much fun.