Small Business Saturday, November 26th

First there was Black Friday, then Cyber Monday. Now, here’s the 2nd annual Small Business Saturday, the day we support small businesses. On November 26, shop small at your favorite local stores and help fuel the economy. When we all shop small, it will be huge!

SBS helps small business owners create awareness and demand for their products and services during the important holiday shopping opener. It’s also a welcome show of support for small businesses eager to help lead the country out of its protracted recession. In fact, almost 3/4 of small business owners believe they will be the driving force behind a U.S. economic recovery, according to the FEDEX office Sign of the Times national small business survey.

Some things about Paper Wishes and small business. I learned today that we work to purchase from smaller manufactures. This way we can bring you products that you won’t see anywhere else.  Also because we believe that if you help the little companies, you help the economy in so many ways. You might think that Paper Wishes is a huge company just by all the things we do. In fact ,we are a small company; we just like to make sure our customers are well served. When I think of Paper Wishes, I get that whole fuzzy warm feeling! Not just because I work here but because Paulette really cares about all our customers and her employees. So the atmosphere around here is more like having a second family rather then just having a job!

So tell me your experience with small shops. Why do you love to shop smaller stores? What is it that brings you back to small business to purchase?

I know for me it’s about the overall experience as well as the product. If I know I can purchase the same item and get treated like a person rather than a “sale” why wouldn’t I go back to the smaller store to purchase? There are times I feel rushed or like nobody cares enough to come help at a larger store, especially around the holiday season.

We encourage you to shop local! Not only at our website but maybe a copy shop, coffee shop, craft shop, cameras shop and hobby shop! Just remember to shop Saturday, November 26th!

Have a greet weekend!

~ Cristina

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

9 Responses to “Small Business Saturday, November 26th”

1. Michelle Walsh says:

Here Here…couldn’t have said it better myself!

2. Judi Edder says:

I like shopping at the smaller shops because the employees are more friendly and willing to help. I feel that the small shops are what really make the economy grow. So if we can keep the small shops in business then we all benefit. I adore shopping at Paper Wishes because of the people wo work there. They’re the best. I love the quality of the products and the fact that you don’t see the products in every store you go into. Happy Thanksgiving, Paper Wishes. Judi

3. Julie Bohler says:

I live in a town of about 12,000 and there is a LSS owned by two ladies who have become my dear friends. Even if they weren’t my friends, I would still shop there, because I want them to stay open! Any time I want, I get personalized service that you will never get at a “big box” store! So, thanks for mentioning to patronize the little shops, they are what makes this country great!

4. Carol J says:

I have found that small shops are really nice, they really want your business. I don’t do much shopping at the really big stores anymore, I do look when I’m in them, but don’t usually buy anything. We have a small scrapbook store and I shop there and PW of course.

5. Harriet says:

I love smaller shops because the people are friendly and above all knowledgeable about what you are working on and therefore can help you. You also get one-of-a-kind items that “big box” stores won’t bother to invest in. Unfortunately there aren’t any more small craft stores in my area, so I will shop Paper Wishes and other online shops this weekend!

• Cristina says:

Thanks Harriet! And yes, it’s sad that alot of the “smaller” craft shops aren’t around anymore. I know in my neck of the woods, 3 of them closed their doors and it’s sad to see them go. Cause yes you are correct, you get so much more when you do shop local! Thanks for being apart of our little family! And don’t forget to use your 20% off coupon! Have a great weekend 🙂 Cristina

6. Ellen says:

I love shopping in smaller stores because of the personal attention that they give you. It’s rare to find such service in a big box store. I also love that the smaller businesses go out of their way to make their store unique, carrying merchandise that is not available elsewhere. This is true of my LSS’s(there are 3 in the area!) as well as other boutique stores!
    I love shopping PaperWishes.com because I know if I have a question or problem I will receive prompt personal attention, and that really makes a difference when it comes to where I spend my crafting money! I also love the wide selection of products, the webisodes that feature products and show various ways to use them!