Today I wanted to show you some projects that might look a little familiar… That’s right! These were shown on Paper Wishes Live! We’ve recently added them to our website so you’ll have full images and instructions, but I thought it would be fun to show them here on the blog too!
A quick search on Pinterest makes it clear that vellum is experiencing a surge in popularity right now. Now, vellum (and especially pretty vellum) can be a little tough to find, so in response to this need, Hot Off The Press has come out with our wonderful new Vellum Magic Kit! Click the image below to get a good look at all of the colors and patterns!
These are so gorgeous! Your Vellum Magic kit also includes an 8″x9″ sheet of black, coordinating Dazzles™!! These really add a polished look to your projects. And… you get a computer DVD that lets you follow along with Paulette as she shows some incredible cards, and shares her tips and tricks for working with vellum! Here are the matching Dazzles™:
Now I will admit, vellum has always been a little bit of an enigma for me. Well, that is no longer true! After watching Paulette’s Vellum Magic video, I feel empowered with all kinds of new vellum techniques. No longer do I stare at vellum thinking, well, what shall I put under you? Now I’m ready to layer, tear, emboss and chalk! One of my favorite looks is this very cute balloon card that features white heat-embossed stamping.
Designer Tip: It’s easier to heat emboss onto the balloons if you trace them onto a larger piece of vellum, then emboss, then cut them out individually. I love that you can emboss on the back of the printed greetings and still see the words easily. The Perfect Printing Pouch is essential for embossing on vellum as it keeps the static at bay.
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Vellum Magic Set
- Unforgettable Die-Cuts
- Sweet Life Ribbon Set
- Design Tool Kit #8 Template: Celebration
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™
- Flourish Small Stamps
- 4″x6″ Acrylic Block
- White Super Fine Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
- Black Cherry Limited Edition Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- EZ Dots Repositionable Adhesive
- Perfect Printing Pouch
- Clear Foam Squares
- Medium Zots™
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
- Cosmetic Wedge
- Powder Blue BigShot Die Cutting Machine
- Card front: Place a blank card with the fold on your left. Cover with Unforgettable teal tile paper and ink the edges with Black Cherry. Ink the edges of 4 ½”x6 ½” pink tile paper and glue centered on your card.
- Use the Design Tool Kit to trace and cut out a Delightful Label from ivory/green texture paper, ink the edges, mat on teal floral paper with a 1/16” border, ink the edges and glue centered your card.
- Swipe 5 ½”x1 ¾” pink vellum with the printing pouch and stamp small swirls onto the bottom edges and sides with VersaMark™. Dust with embossing powder and set with the heat gun. Place on the bottom of your card with EZ Dots.
- Trace eleven balloons onto different colors of plain vellum, stamp and emboss small swirls onto the bases of each, then cut out each balloon along the traced lines. Save one balloon for the inside. Place in a cluster at the top of the label with EZ Dots and foam squares. Zot™ on a cluster of pink/white twine below the balloons and a double bow of twine at the balloon base.
- Cut the “Celebrate” greeting vellum to 3 ½”x5/8” with a “v” at the right end. Stamp and emboss swirls on the back, ink the edges, mat on plain vellum with a 1/16” border and foam tape on the left of the pink vellum, as shown. Place Jewel Dazzles™ around the balloon cluster as shown.
- Card inside: Foam tape the saved balloon at the upper right corner. Zot™ on a twine tail and bow, as shown.
- Cut the “Happy Birthday” greeting vellum to 3 ½”x5/8” with a “v” at the left end. Stamp and emboss swirls on the back, ink the edges, mat on plain vellum with a 1/16” border and foam tape on the right side at an angle, as shown. Trim even with the card edge. Place Jewel Dazzles™ around the balloon, as shown.
It’s so easy to get a wide variety of looks from vellum! I hope you will pick some up, and give it a whirl, because it’s really a lot of fun! Vellum will give you a whole new set of creative options for your scrapbooking, cardmaking and more! Let me know what you think!
Paper Wishes Blog