Liberty, Freedom—and Retirement!

Last Wednesday everyone here at Hot Off The Press gathered to celebrate a truly momentous occasion—the retirement of Paulette’s husband, Mike Jarvey. Mike was right there along with Paulette for the very earliest days of Hot Off The Press, and it was even Mike who thought up the names, “Paper Wishes” and “Hot Off The Press!” Employees gathered to hear Mike and Paulette recall what it was like going into business and there were many laughs.

mikeandpaulette

mikescake

mikecuttingthecake

Everyone had something kind to say about this man who seemed to happily take on whatever task was asked of him, from performing high-level business analytics to helping out in the warehouse. Mike also served our country as a Marine, and so with 4th of July coming this Saturday, it feels appropriate to say, “Thank you, Mike, for all you’ve done and accomplished!” You’ll be missed around the office (and so will your dog, Belle), but we wish you lots and lots of fun and adventure in this next chapter!

I wish you all a wonderful 4th of July! Stay safe, stay cool and have fun!!!

Michelle Gustafson

Paper Wishes Blog

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

34 Responses to “Liberty, Freedom—and Retirement!”

1. Elaine Williams says:

Happy retirement but I hope Paulettte is not retiring. I love her webisodes

2. Jane says:

I have been retired 17 years this month. I miss my coworkers and even some of the customers. I never dreamt I would have this many years. Scrapbooking and card making have been my joy. I thank Mike and Paulette along with all the people who make Paperwishes the wonderful spot for all my happy supplies these 17 years. Some Hot Off The Press items were my first. There wasn’t a lot of materials to work with in those days. Hot Off The Press and Mrs Grossmans stickers was about all. I hope you have as long and happy retirement I as I have and mine is not over yet. I also wish you good health. That is the most important.

3. Elise Mungovan says:

Happy Retirement, Mike! Hope you enjoy yours as much as my husband and I have enjoyed ours.

4. Rosemary Happell says:

Semper Fi Mike and enjoy your retirement you obviously have earned it!

5. Elaine O says:

Happy Retirement Mike and Thank You for your service to our country.

6. Shirley White says:

Happy, Happy Mike. Enjoy your retirement. I found that I needed to go back to work to get some rest when I retired so watch out or the girls will have you even busier than before. Happy, Happy Shirley White

7. Karen Adams says:

May you enjoy your retirement. And have fun to,do some traveling, take a cruise or two they are fun. I have been on some. you will enjoy them.thank you for all the work you have done on paperwishes also.

8. laura says:

Congrats to you, Mike, & kudos to whomever made that inventive cake!

9. Orpha says:

Happy retirement Mike and thank you for your service and thanks for helping to start Paper Wishes as it’s my favorite place to go for crafting.

10. Ruth Manor says:

Wishing you lots of fun, plenty of adventure and lots of late sleep-ins for your retirement, Mike. You’ve most certainly earned your playtime.

11. Dorothy says:

HAPPY RETIREMENT MIKE, and happy 4th of July to everyone!!!

12. Chris Meinel says:

Happy Retiretirment…Paulette does this mean you will be slowing down or working harder than ever?

13. Jessica says:

Congrats Mike! And thank you for your service. My grandson, who is also Michael, served in Afghanistan. Your service is just as special to me as his was. Happy fourth y’all!

14. Norma says:

What a really cute couple!

15. Diana says:

Happy Retirement Mike. I wish you all the enjoyment you can bring yourself. Wish you well.

16. Marge Norris says:

That was really some cake! I’ve never seen anything like that before. It was nice to see a picture of Mike – sort of the man behind the scenes. Thank you guys for sharing the moment with all of us.

17. Nancy says:

Thank you, Mike and Paulette, for all your inventiveness in bringing us
    such quality items for our crafting, and the Webisodes to give us
    encouragement to branch out and create! I never dreamed I would have so much fun looking through a catalog and then visiting the source in Canby to meet such wonderful people as you and your staff. Last, but certainly not least, I thank you, Mike for your service to our country. Semper Fi!

18. Valerie Breingan says:

Thank you Mike for my freedom.Thank you for your skills in building my favorite company and Introducing me to my favorite products.You an Paulette have a very special place in my heart…..I wish you huge fun and adventure on your new journey in life…Blessings????????????

19. Pat Smith says:

Congratulations, Mike, and best wishes for a long and happy retirement!

20. Bonita says:

God Bless and happy retirement.

21. Daria Sikorski says:

Congratulations on your retirement. Enjoy your time off! Thank you also for serving in the military to keep this country free. Happy 4th!

22. happy retirement. just know your going to enjoy it stay cool and look at the little things, I’ve been retired since 2005 have fun,

23. Leticia Seaman says:

Congratulations on your retirement!!! sending you best wishes and blessings, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all you did for us through our new family Paper Wishes. We discovered a New World learning and enjoying crafting you made a lot of people happy and giving a meaning to our lives, learning to share part of life to our friends and family with something that we make specially for them. THANK YOU SO MUCH THE WORLD NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS.
    Enjoy your retirement you deserve it.

24. Karen Spencer says:

Paper Wishes is my only “GO-TO” place for my crafting supplies as I live in a rural area and our economy eliminated many scrapbooking and card making suppliers. As a VIP customer I enjoy seeing my supplies within a few days of ordering them and get excited whenever a box arrives from Paper Wishes. I want to congratulate both you, Mike and Paulette, on your achievements and wish you many wonderful memories in your retirement.
    Love and Blessings to all Paper Wishes workers. You are terrific!!

25. Glo says:

Thank you Mike, may your next adventure be delightful and enlightening!

26. Barb says:

What a great example of husband and wife and working partners. You both look so happy and I just want to thank you for HOTP and Paper Wishes and both of your service to our county and to us crafters. HAPPY 4TH TO ALL AND THANKS TO ALL.

27. Diane Lynne C. says:

Happy Retirement. Mike And thank you for your Military service. What will it be now, fishing off the boat, playing golf with the guys or relaxing with the grandkids? Whatever it is, enjoy yourself! I’m sure you have earned it.

28. Michelle Gustafson says:

Thank you everyone for all the very sweet comments! I made sure to share them with Mike & Paulette. Paulette says that Mike has been going hiking about once a week, playing with Penelope and she says their yard has never looked so good!

And Paulette also shared that she has NO plans to retire – phew! 🙂

29. Cecilia Gyory says:

Thank goodness Paulette is not retiring. I would go into withdrawals! Someone should have warned me paper crafting is addicting.

30. Faye Thompson says:

Have a wonderful retirement-I am.
    Glad Paulette isn’t leaving.
    I have a problem and didn’t know where else to ask for help. I am trying to change my credit card on the dazzles site to paypal. but it only asks for a type of credit card.

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Hi Faye! I emailed you, and Customer Service will also be contacting you by email! Thank you for your comment! 🙂

31. Joleen says:

This was a very nice post, thanks for sharing it with us all! Very touching and personal. It is nice to share personal experiences with the team that we feel we know through the webisodes. Happy retirement to you Mike!

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Thanks Joleen! I sure love being able to share all the special things that go on here at Paper Wishes!