EASY Resist Colorist Card From Sara Naumann!

 

I know many of you here in the US were not able to catch Sara’s appearance on the UK’s Create & Craft channel. I wasn’t either šŸ™ .

But look what I found! Or rather, what found me! I bumped into Paulette yesterday, and in her hand was one of Sara’s cards shown on Create & Craft!Ā  So we quickly had it photo-ed just so I could share it with you!

 

HSN_colorist-SNcd

 

I also got the scoop on how you can create this same look! Are you ready? Okay then, get out your favorite white crayon! That’s right.

Sara scribbled a humble white crayon over the flowers on her Colorist page to create the resist! She then dabbed some Distress Ink onto her craft sheet, spritzed it with a bit of water, and brayered it onto her pageā€”simple as that! She matted her Colorist piece with Iris suede paper. This is a beautiful look that’s easy to replicate, and also easy to “riff on,” using different colors of inks, application methods and so on. Her Colorist sheet is from our Floral Garden for Colorists book.

 

floralgardencolorists

 

And while you have your brayer out, check out Sara’s Mixed Media Made Easy Computer DVD! Sara shows how to create endless mixed media effects using tons of different mediums you probably already haveā€”embossing pastes, GelatosĀ®, Perfect Pearlsā„¢, Distress inks, Spectrum Noirā„¢ and lots more! It’s like taking a Mixed Media class with Sara at home, and it’s perfect for anyone ready to dive in and start creating! You can click on Sara’s Mixed Media Made Easy Computer DVD to learn more.

 

mixedmediamadeeasy

 

I hope you are all still excited for World Card Making Day which is this Saturday, October 3rd!! We’d like to invite everyone to make a card and post a photo of it in the comments section of our blog here, or on Facebook! We’re giving away two Paper Wishes gift certificates this year because it’s always so hard to choose! Don’t miss outā€”see our World Card Making Day Sketch Challenge for more info!

 

Michelle Gustafson

Paper Wishes Blog

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

11 Responses to “EASY Resist Colorist Card From Sara Naumann!”

  1. Sara says:

    How cool you guys were able to get a picture! This is honestly one of the easiest ways to get a card topperā€”especially since you start with the Colorist images! šŸ™‚ Sara

  2. Valerie Breingan says:

    Wow,what a brilliant idea.I simply must try this.Thank you for sharing

  3. Great ! Thank you Michelle ! x

  4. Glo says:

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, or the leaves green. the butterfly white, the flower centers yellow, the flowers various colors of pink with a little coral, etc. just like doing Raster eggs or working on silk. Very nice.
    Thank you Sara. Thanks Michelle, take care…

  5. Nancy A. Huck says:

    I have these four books and like them a lot. I am going to try and use her method of coloring on one of the pictures. I like the blues on her card.

  6. Connie Minnich says:

    Reminds me so much of Batik – really like he effect. Thanks for the inspiration Sara & Michelle.

  7. Diane Lynne C says:

    Great technique. I do not have these books but I’ll try this on some Color Me papers.

  8. Kathy Brubaker says:

    If you do not have this DVD, you definitely should buy it. I have purchased all of the CD & DVD’s that PW has sold or is selling. This is my very favorite DVD out of all of them. I was surprised how I already had about 75% of the supplies she used and the other 25% were odds and ends that I had laying around the house, LOL I have watched this DVD so many times and many times, I just went back to watch a particular technique. It is worth every penny and more, you won’t regret buying it, I guarantee.

    • Michelle Gustafson says:

      Wow, thank you so much for the wonderful review of Sara’s DVD! It really is a wonderful reference, isn’t it?! Thanks for commenting! šŸ˜€

Leave a Reply


Welcome to Paper Wishes’ Papercraft and Scrapbooking Blog! Our card making and scrapbooking blog is the place to visit for inspired project ideas, the latest craft techniques, and the inside scoop on all things Paper Wishes! Visit our card making and scrapbooking blog to see the latest card designs and scrapbook layouts from the Paper Wishes Design Team, discover new paper craft tools and products, and to learn about upcoming events! Make sure to visit our card making and scrapbooking blog often so you don’t miss a moment of crafting fun!