Girlfriends Getaway Wrap Up + Photos!

gfgsetup-pan

Well friends, I’m happy to report that this year’s Girlfriends Getaway was a fabulous success! We had 167 attendees joining us from near and far for a full day of creating with Paulette. Many participants chose to extend their card making and scrapbooking into Sunday as well, making for a very memorable weekend!

gfg_4596

Our girlfriends created a total of 6 projects led by Paulette, with Gail stepping in to share some of the fun!

gfg_4607

gfg_4619

It was a wild and fun day filled with lots of freebies and giveaways! A delicious lunch was provided by Ebner’s Custom Meats, a family-owned, local establishment, and our girlfriends also enjoyed a build-your-own cheesecake station — a new addition at this year’s event!

shopgfg

Hot Off The Press brings all their latest products to Girlfriends so participants can get “extras” of anything they love—without having to pay for shipping! There are also lots of bargains to be found, with tables for “Dollar & Under Items,” “Gently Used Stamps,” and even Dollar Dazzles™!

coloring

Another highlight was the attendance of several Paper Wishes Message Board members. These women (wearing the pink shirts) create and communicate through our message boards, often daily, and finally were able to meet Paulette and each other in person! Very cool.

In addition to all the creativity, Girlfriends Getaway is also a family affair. Paulette’s husband, Mike, and son, Adam, were both there for Friday’s setup and to lend a hand on Saturday. This year Adam brought his massage chair, offering professional neck and arm massages.

Even little Penelope stopped by to help draw winners! Paulette shared with me that Penelope wanted to stay, even when presented with a “toy store” option—such star potential!

penelope

If you couldn’t attend Girlfriends this year, you can still be a part of the fun with your very own Girlfriends Getaway 2015 Kit! As I mentioned before, Paulette really does spend all year scouting out the best new products specifically with Girlfriends Getaway in mind. She also discovers new ways to use some of our favorites, and she shares all of this in her Girlfriends Getaway Kit which also includes Paulette’s DVD with step by step video instructions!

Supplies are limited—get yours now!

PW_15FALL.fillip-4010190.15.GFG-kit.pgf8

Overall, I’d like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who attended (and helped with) this year’s event! It was such an amazing group of wonderfully creative people, and I’m already looking forward to next year!

group-pan

Michelle Gustafson

Paper Wishes Blog

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

17 Responses to “Girlfriends Getaway Wrap Up + Photos!”

1. Carline Marsh says:

Looks like great fun. Would love to at5tend next year.

2. Carolyn says:

Wonderful pictures and quite the crowd! It looked like so much fun! I’m extremely jealous of those able to attend and wish I could have been there. It would have been such an honor to meet Paulette and family, along with Gail and the rest of the crew.

3. Nancy A. Huck says:

Hi, I just finished reading about the 2015 Getaway and also looking at all of the pictures. I enjoyed it very much.. All the women looked like they were having fun and really glad they could be there. It would have been really nice to see Paulette and Gail. Thanks Michelle for putting together this article and pictures.

• Michelle Gustafson says:

You are very welcome, Nancy! Overall the event was just lots and lots of fun. Mike Jarvey took tons of great pictures and was kind enough to share, so my hat’s off to him as well! 🙂

4. Ruth Lynch says:

I so wanted to attend this year Girlfriend’s Get Away but was too late getting my registration in on time. I just love paper wishes weekly wedisodes and feel like I already know Paulette and Gail and was looking forward to meeting them. I hope I can be there next year. How early can I register for 2016 Girlfriend’s Get Away? Looks like you all had a wonderful time. I would love to meet new crafter’s and make new friends. Making greeting cards is my new hobby, and my friends look forward to getting cards from me.

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Hi Ruth! We would love to have you join us next year!! Email Lori at lsesko@hotp.com and let her know you would like to be added to the notification list for Girlfriends Getaway 2016. She will send out an email when registration opens in May or June. 🙂 Making cards is a wonderful hobby, isn’t it?!

5. Kathy Srogus says:

Looks like so much fun! Would love to get a friend or two to go with me and have a crafty weekend get away!

6. Diane Lynne C says:

Wow, I want to go just for the bargains and the cheesecake. Thanks for the pictures as I always wanted to see the Girlfriends Getaway.

7. Rhonda Swetlishoff says:

Paulette and team, you are special! You inspire us to reach for the stars! Thanks for sponsoring such a fun event! I’m a message board junkie and I enjoyed speaking to you and meeting you in person. The freebies that we received at the GG are phenomenal! I’m looking forward to the next time that we meet.

8. Deb says:

Thanks so much for sharing the fun in living color! A good time was had by all!!

9. LindaH says:

What a fun day! Thanks for posting these photos. I had to cancel but as an active Message Board member, I sure did want to be there. I hope all of you who attended-and those who could not, will check out what we do in the Message Forum. Go ahead and sign up for a login, and you will find an article and thread about How To Get Started for new Members. We have RAK card donation going on now. Ongoing challenges and swaps, and very friendly and helpful crafty ENABLERS. Come join us!

10. Sheryl in sunny Florida! says:

Hi Michelle Thanks for sharing what looked to be like an awesome event! I live in Florida & so wish it wasn’t so far for me to be able to come! Wish one day that maybe Mrs. Paulette and team would have an East Coast event, hint, hint 🙂 can you pass that word along? LOL Again thanks Michelle! Hope you are having a very blessed crafting day to all! Sheryl

11. Suzanne says:

I so wanted to attend Girl Friends Getaway! But health issues prevented it. This old scrapper has been tacky for years, but my stickem is wearing out! Diabetes, Kidney failure, and liver failure are making day to day stuff harder, work exhausts me, and travel it really though! I’ll get there though! I would so love to meet the Paperwishes team! I have been shopping with you guys for at least 18 years now! You are my go to every Wednesday for the weekly webisode. And my VIP status will remain as long as I can get out of bed! Love you crafty folks!

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Hi Suzanne! Thank you for your comment — we would absolutely love to see you at Girlfriends! So happy you follow our webisodes, and THANK YOU for being a loyal VIP! I’m glad you found our blog too — it’s a great way to keep up with all the latest here at Paper Wishes (assuming that I am keeping up – ha!) Take care, and thanks again! 🙂

12. Sue says:

I am hoping to come next year. It looks like so much fun and I have to say little Penelope is a cutie. I am a VIP and love all of the products. I think I will be ordering the 2015 kit to get an idea of what kind of projects there are.