Christmas Colorists™: Winter’s Garden Christmas Card

Happy Friday! Hooray, the weekend is practically here, and I’ve gotta say that this week has flown by. I’ve been learning my way around the Paper Wishes Facebook page which I’ve recently taken on, and I can’t believe we have so many followers (over 16,000)—it’s kind of amazing. I’m excited to be able to interact with so many Paper Wishers, so stop by and give us a “Like!”

It’s been a whirlwind of a week, and so the past two nights (after the kids are in bed) I’ve been coloring in our new Christmas Ornaments for Colorists coloring book. It’s been so relaxing! It’s this great combination of being creative while mentally “checking out” to a certain degree! And of course, after I finished, it just had to go on a card! One Christmas card down, so many to go! 🙂

Colorist Christmas Card

front3

hollycloseup

ornamentscloseup

Supplies:

I colored the image with Spectrum Noir™ markers, and added Gold Smooch™ ink and Silver Stickles™ glitter glue accents. The background papers are from Hot Off The Press’ Winter’s Garden paper pack, which is fun, bright and cheery! It also plays nicely into my predilection for lime green :-D. Colorist books give you two of each design, so I was able to cut out the holly berries and foam tape a second layer on top of the first. Not perfect, but it was fun!

Definitely try one of these coloring books if you haven’t already! Let yourself unwind by coloring, and who knows? Maybe a card will be born! Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope you make a little time to create something you love!

Michelle Gustafson

Paper Wishes Blog

Click on each book for details and more project ideas!

ornamentscoloristchgrtcol

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

10 Responses to “Christmas Colorists™: Winter’s Garden Christmas Card”

1. Connie Lee says:

Great card Michelle! Nice to see you on the Paper Wishes’ team. They seem like wonderful ladies. I have always loved the products from Paper Wishes, always high quality. Will have to place an order very soon!!!

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Thanks, Connie! It’s true—besides being creative, the people here are a really fun and thoughtful bunch! 🙂 I’m happy to be here among them!

2. Daria Sikorski says:

Love all the Colorist books! You did a wonderful job coloring and creating a lovely card. TFS.

3. Debbie S says:

What a gorgeous card your coloring is subperb, I agree with you I love coloring it is so relaxing and helps you to slow down and take a mental respite from our busy schedule. Thanks for sharing and good luck with FB.

4. Becca Sadler says:

Wonderful Christmas card, Michelle! I love the color combo!–it adds the merriment!

5. Joan C. says:

Michelle, your card is beautiful. I love how you colored it with Spectrum Noir. Nice sample for me to learn from!
    On another note… Are the color book sheets really thick enough to take Spectrum noir pens? I don’t think of colring book paper as heavy enough to not bleed through or run?
    Very pretty!
    Joan

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Hi Joan! Thank you for your kind words! The Colorist book pages are fairly heavy cardstock (not sure of the exact weight) but we recommend cutting out the page you want to work with because certain mediums will still bleed through, including Spectrum Noir™ pens. However, I have found I like having the page loose so I can easily color from any side! 🙂