Paper Wishes® Events: Girlfriends Getaway 2016!

Get out your cutting mats & clear your calendars!

Every year, papercrafters unite in Canby, OR to attend Hot Off The Press & Paper Wishes’ Girlfriends Getaway. It’s an incredible all-day event filled with card making & scrapbooking, free giveaways, lunch and lots of laughs! Girlfriends Getaway 2016 will be held this year on Saturday, September 17th at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds.

Spaces are very limited so be sure to reserve your spot ASAP.

GirlfriendGetaway2016

Feel free to post any questions you may have in the comments, and I’ll do my best to answer them! See you in September! 😀

Michelle Gustafson

Paper Wishes Blog

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

22 Responses to “Paper Wishes® Events: Girlfriends Getaway 2016!”

1. Pat Smith says:

I understand that your business and therefore your homes and supplies are in Oregon, but have you ever considered having a Getaway somewhere on the East Coast (preferably in Florida, of course, since that’s my home)?

• Michelle Gustafson says:

We’d love to do one in every state if we could, but unfortunately, our time limits us to holding Girlfriends Getaway just once each year. We would love for you to come out and join us! 😀

2. Rhonda Swetlishoff says:

The Message Board Peeps that attended last year had a blast! It required a lot of planning and for some of us travel time. It was awesome, we laughed so much! Check out some layouts of the trip in my customer gallery. Thanks so much to Paper Wishes for this event!!! In friendship, Bootsie

3. Diane Lynne C. says:

Sounds like another fabulous getaway is planned. Am so jealous as I too, live on the East Coast, but in beautiful Pennsylvania. How about a visit to the Keystone state for a convention? Creating Keepsakes Scrapbook Conventions (CKC) is having their yearly event in Lancaster, PA July 29th & 30th. They hold it every year in July. Just thought I’d threw that out for a hint or two. LOL LOL LOL 🙂

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Haha, thanks for the subtle hint, Diane Lynne! 😀 I wish there was time for us to visit every state!!

4. brenda says:

Hi-
    I was wondering if there is any chance for shopping before or after the Getaway- either through Paper Wishes or Hot Off the Press. I used to have a scrapbook store and ordered products through Hot of the Press.
    Thank you!

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Yes, at every Girlfriends Getaway there are shopping opportunities! We bring tons of Hot Off The Press product, plus some of the items from Paper Wishes. And many items are discounted!! It’s a great opportunity to stock up for the months ahead. You also have the option of placing an order through PaperWishes.com and selecting “Local In-store Pickup.” You’ll receive an email when your order is ready and you can pick it up here at Hot Off The Press in Canby. 😉

5. Daria Sikorski says:

This is such a fun event! Attended last year and had a blast! Wish I could do it every year but living on the East Coast makes a prohibitive. I am saving up my pennies to try and attend in 2017.

If you haven’t gone, you should try to get out there at least once. You get to learn new techniques with a group of wonderful people and you get to meet a lot of the great people from PW. They are a fabulous bunch! And Paulette is very generous with the free goodies she passes out!

Have a wonderful time! Wish I could be there.

6. Cynthia S says:

Have fun. I wish I lived closer so that I could attend!

7. Kim Folstrom says:

I’m thinking about asking one of my daughters to drive with me up to the Girlfriends Getaway. It looks like so much fun. Keep my fingers crossed that I can find a way.

8. Judy Walton says:

How late can you sign up? I visit my oncologist the first of August and will probably begin treatment for kidney cancer soon after. So far I have lived a mostly normal life, treatment-free for 6 1/2 years after having the main cancers removed. The treatment is in the form of a pill that I will be taking at home, so I could travel later if I tolerate the drug well. I want to wait until mid August to decide whether to come or not. I have been enjoying the Getaway box and DVD I purchased, but think the actual event would be awesome! Anyway, the bottom line is, would you have any spaces left by mid August?

Judy Walton, an avid card maker who LOVES Paper Wishes!!

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Hi Judy! I’m so sorry to hear about your health issues—although it sounds like you are one tough cookie! Unfortunately, Girlfriends Getaway 2016 has already sold out. It fills up very, very fast due to the limited number of seats available. I hope you’ll order the GFG kit again this year, as it’s the next best thing to being there in person. Take care, and I wish you much success with your treatment in August. Thanks for being such an avid fan of Paper Wishes too! 🙂

9. Jo-Anne says:

As Michelle will attest to this, my sister from Florida and I from Long Island, NY attended last year’s Girlfriends Getaway! It was worth every penny – we had so much fun, learned so much and was able to meet the staff! Imagine we met Paulette and Gail in person!!! It was exciting and so much fun! And everyone was just wonderful and sweet!!

10. Linda Holt says:

It is a dream of mine to make it to Girlfriends Getaway… and hopefully one day I will be there with my Message Board friends when it DOES come true.

As a loyal customer, I love all the webisodes and the product videos. I love the banter, the willingness to be “real” and not always scripted. Makes me feel like part of a family business – the user end, but still a part. Thanks.

11. nancy Vondra says:

I sure wish you were closer! Would love to attend! SC is a bit too far….how about a win a trip… lol I’ve been watching too much Wheel Of Fortune! Y’all have fun! I’ll get the kit.

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Haha! Glad you’ll be getting the kit! It’s definitely the next best thing to actually attending.

12. Eva Laney says:

Ooh, this looks like a lot of fun!

13. Lin M. says:

I was thinking the same thing – do you have these getaways in other locations. I am in Texas and have friends who would also enjoy this – it sounds like a lot of fun. I’ve never been to Oregon – maybe its about time? 🙂

• Michelle Gustafson says:

Right now we just hold one Girlfriends Getaway per year (in Oregon). But it is SO much fun!! We’d love for you to come visit! 😀

14. Natalie W says:

Last year was my first time attending Girlfriends Getaway. I came alone,and I had a blast!! Not knowing what to expect, I felt like a kid in a candy store lol! I’m soooooooo very excited to come again this year AAANND I hope to bring a couple friends ( one is on the wait list). Everyone was so nice, lunch was perfect. Can’t wait!!!!