Hello From LeNae & The Design Studio

Hello everyone, this is my very first blog entry and I’m so excited to share all of the great things happening at Paper Wishes with you! My name is LeNae and I have been on the design team with Paper Wishes for 22 years (gasp!). During that time I have had the opportunity to learn lots of techniques for creating different styles of projects for the Paper Wishes Catalog, Webisodes, Personal Shoppers Monthly Kits and many other places you see Paper Wishes and Hot Off The Press products. It is my job to find new and innovative ways to use products for you.

Anyone who knows me understands that I love books, not just reading them, but filling them with endless notes, lists, thoughts and recipes. Several years ago I tried my hand at handmade books and I enjoyed it so much. However, it did take a fair amount of time just to gather the supplies. You can imagine how excited I was to find handmade book kits on our buyer, Bethany’s, desk. The Designed By Me Accordion Album and Blank Book are very easy to put together and everything is pre-cut! All you need to complete your book it a few basic supplies and some pretty paper for the front cover. Here’s what Susan did with the front cover, and I just love it!

wnw_16dec21-scgbbk

wnw_16dec-21-4011780-spreadwnw_16dec-21-4011781-spread

Be sure to visit What’s New Wednesday to check out these amazing Handmade Book Kits!

I have great news to share! Our Winter 2017 Paper Wishes Catalog will be arriving in homes the first week of January! (you can see it all online on December 31, but you didn’t hear it from me). As a member of the Design Team I was able to play with these new goodies for several weeks and I can tell you there are so many amazing products! Each week I hope to bring you a new project featuring some can’t live without products. Here is a sneak peak at what you will find in the upcoming catalog.

more-than-coffee-cdThis card features, Hot Off The Press Timeless Treasures Paper Pack, Coffee Mugs Dazzles™ stickers and Lilac Lane’s Cotton Candy Embellishment Bottle. I love these Dazzles™ stickers, so fun to use on birthday cards. How cute to slip a coffee gift card inside and send to a friend!  The papers are so versatile and they feature brown polka dots, which are my favorite! These papers will be added to my personal stash for sure so remember to check these out in the New 2017 Winter Catalog.

Occasionally, I get questions about how to back Dazzles™ stickers with paper. I filmed a quick little video, at home on my kitchen counter when everyone was in bed and asleep. Just me and my dog Oscar. I hope it is helpful!

Do you like a good paper crafting contest? I sure do so we are launching a Facebook contest featuring this card. Just click here to check it out and you could win some fabulous prizes!

Well, that’s all for this week, my new friends. I will be checking back in soon with more news on everything Paper Wishes. Happy crafting!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

20 Responses to “Hello From LeNae & The Design Studio”

1. Alice Perger says:

You must have started working at Paper Wishes when you were only 10. You look way to young to have been working there for 22 years. Obviously you love your job. You do a great job and I wish I had half of your inspirational mind. What great ideas you come up with. Please continue to work with Paper Wishes for another 22 years! Looking forward to see what you create for us in the future. Happy Holidays! Alice P.

2. Valerie Breingan says:

Really pretty.I love seeing different creations with these.

• Valerie Breingan says:

I wish I could’ve got into the sales this holiday but its just been impossible. Maybe after the new year.Very special Merry Christmas to all my Paper wishes family

3. Diane Lynne C. says:

I love the idea of making a book as I have yet to tackle it. I hope Gail and Paulette will make a webisode on these book kits.

4. Jo-Anne says:

Hi LeNae – loved it!! Happy Holidays!!! Jo-Anne

5. Pat says:

I’m looking forward to seeing more of your creations LeNae. The cover design for your book is beautiful.

6. Faye Thompson says:

Thank you, LeNae. Great newsletter and Dazzles lesson. I am a great lover of Dazzles.

7. Debbie says:

Love your work Lenae!

8. Jeannie Brown says:

Congratulations on the blog LeNae. I have enjoyed many things you have designed since I feel in love with Paper Wishes products in 2005! I look forward to your posts.

9. Linda says:

I have loved your designs for probably as long as you have been at Paperwishes. I look forward to any pattern with your name attached as they are always beautiful cards. Thank for all your hard work.

10. Cynthia S says:

HOTP and Paperwishes have an amazing design team, and you are no exception, LeNae. I will look forward to what 2017 has to bring, and I can’t wait to see what is in the new catalog! Keep those wonderful ideas and inspiration coming…you have taught me so much while having fun with this creative outlet! Merry Christmas to you and all of the ‘friends’ at HOTP and Paperwishes!

11. Sharon Perehudoff says:

Merry Christmas to all of you at Paperwishes ! Sorry I have not order any thing this month, just been busy with family and wonderful friends over this holiday but will be looking forward to see more creation that you do.. Sure hope that Paulette and Gail will do a webisode on these Book Kits. All the best in the New Year!

12. Vicki A. says:

Almost Happy New Year LeNae. It is so enjoyable to watch and listen to someone that loves what they are doing. Your grace and satisfaction with
    what you do is very evident and refreshing. Thanks for showing the technique
    for paper backing Dazzles. They are truly one of my favorite go to
    embellishments. They are so very versatile and easy to use. It would be
    great if the next time you go into your kitchen when your family are resting
    you would do a quickie video on getting the innies off with the transfer sheet and then how to add them on your project. Hope that isn’t to much to
    ask. Once again thanks for everything you do for your company and us….

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Vicki and thank you for your kind words. I do love my job and I’m happy to see that it shows. Also, thanks for the suggestion about the innies. I will add that to my list for sure. Keep the suggestions coming! I want to know what all of you are interested in learning. Thanks again, LeNae

13. Kimberly Daniels says:

I am so proud of you for this blog! This is such a cute card! I love it! -Kimberly