It’s Never Too Early To Show You Care

Hi Everyone, don’t you just LOVE Valentine’s Day? What a wonderful day all about love and caring. To me, sending Valentines are a simple and fun way to to say “I love you” or “I’m Thinking Of You Friend.” Whether you are a Grandparent or have little ones at home, doesn’t everyone like to get a Valentine? The cards featured today are all from The Little Things Paper Pack and coordinating ribbon set, which are so perfect for Valentine’s Day.

Inside

I make a LOT of cards and I’m always looking for ways to save a little time.  I get a big impact, but save myself a few steps by using the Heart Swing Die-Cut card. If you haven’t tried our Die-Cut cards, they include patterns for covering the cards with paper, making them so easy to use. I paired Critter Love Clear Stamp Set with adorable Valentine Buttons  and Lights Spectrum Noir Pens.

This sweet card is perfect for my daughter, Lauren. She is 17 now, but I still think of her blowing kisses when she was little. Not only is the XOXO stamp adorable, but the Love Always Cutting Die with heart flowers was just the right addition. Here’s a little tip: After die-cutting the base, stems and heart piece from green patterned paper I added Stickles Red Glitter Glue to each heart flower blossom and let dry. Then I glued the base and most of the flowers to the bottom of the card, leaving some of the flowers free of glue to add dimension.

For those of you who are new to stamping I thought I would add a little tip about how to layer your stamped images with patterned paper like I did on the skirt:

1. Stamp on white cardstock.

2. Stamp again on red dot paper & cut out only the skirt.

3. Align and glue red dot skirt over white skirt.

4. Stamp (color) and cut out heart from white cardstock & glue to skirt.

I have to admit that I was inspired to make this card after receiving so many photo cards over the holidays. I enjoy those digital photo cards, but I wanted to make something a little more personal that might be sent to a loved one living far away. For best results use a photo with a light background. I backed The Little Things Scrapbooking Dazzles™ with white cardstock and then added some chalk for a soft look. Place the Dazzles™ stickers over the photo and trim to fit.

It’s time for another contest! Would you like to win the supplies to make this card?  It’s so easy! Just click here to connect to our Facebook page and get the details.

The Bendi card is another one of our Die-Cut cards, which I particularly like because it has lots of surface space for embellishing with greetings, Blue Bird Jewel Dazzles™ stickers and yes, even a whimsical Garden Gnome! Here I backed the adorable mushroom stickers with patterned paper and the friendly Gnome with white cardstock and colored with Spectrum Noir Brights and Skintone/Pale Hues. After cutting out the images I placed them on the Bendi card with a little foam tape on the center back of each image, which allowed them to move more freely than glue would.

My dear mother raised a practical girl so I have to admit that when I make home decor projects I’m thrilled when I can use them for more than one thing. This Valentines Cupcake works for both V-Day and Birthdays. Celebrate a friend’s special day with a hand painted glittery cupcake! I used pink acrylic paint for the frosting base and then covered the wood topper with pink The Little Things Paper. Decorating wood with paper is easy and adds a lot of impact. I just used glue stick on the surface and then smoothed paper to remove air bubbles. Turn the piece over and cut around the back edge to remove excess paper. Lightly sand edges to get a perfect fit and a distressed edge. I used Teal Cosmic Shimmer Paint on the sparkly base and Russet Red Cosmic Shimmer Paint on the hearts, plus a little Red Glitter Glue on top for even more sparkle!

I hope I have given you a little inspiration to start those Valentine cards. Show someone you care by making them something this year and happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

12 Responses to “It’s Never Too Early To Show You Care”

1. Kathy Serrahn says:

awesome cards

2. Linda says:

love giving handmade cards to the ones that I love and just adore the critter stamps used in the examples

3. Rhonda Swetlishoff says:

It’s the everyday moments that sometimes get forgotten, make a handmade card and make someone smile! LeNae, you’ve done it again, adorable cards!

4. Robyn Ford-Turnbull says:

Hi LeNae!
    Loved the inspirational projects in this blog, which I think is the best yet! I’ve only been reading for a year or so, but this IS the best!All the projects make it so, and your personal tips and comments.
    I make 20 valentines for a group home gang, and will love using ideas from your projects. They LOVE getting cards, and it’s hard coming up with originals for 20. Thanks for your help!
    Robyn

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Robyn, thanks for the sweet comments. Good luck with all of those Valentines and thanks for spreading the love.
      LeNae

5. Candy T says:

I love Valentine’s Day! Hearts are my fave and this set is awesome. Can’t wait til I get a Valentine from my granddaughter…her handmade cards are the best.

6. MARY ANNE HERGERT says:

i love the bendi card.Have been into Scandinavian desins and gnomes since visiting there.

7. Valerie Breingan says:

I think this is an amazing set to make any occasion with.The photo card is gorgeous.I’ve seen a few this season.Thank you I’m Inspired.

8. Debbie says:

Very very pretty cards. Dear Lenae, is there a trick to keeping embossing powder on your projects? Mine seems to always fall off. Thank you.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Debbie, I will go over the steps I take when using embossing powder and maybe that will help. First I use Versamark to stamp images or I use the pad surface along card edges. Next I sprinkle embossing powder over the Versamark and then heat with heat gun, making sure that the powder is completely melted (usually turns shiny). If your embossing powder is falling off, my guess is that you are not heating it enough. There is a short video on our Heat Embossing on our Stamping 101 tutorial. Here is the Link: http://www.paperwishes.com/stamping101/

9. Cynthia S says:

I love the new paper collection. I love sending ‘secret’ valentines to family and friends. Lots of inspiration in this blog. Thank you LeNae!

10. Diane Lynne C. says:

I like the fact that the sender took the time to make a personal card just for me. The Little Things paper pack and matching coordinates is perfect for Valentine’s Day. I love the all over patterns. I was born during a Blizzard in Philadelphia. My Dad still calls me “Blizzard” each birthday. I should add that I gave my parents a scare as I was born 6 weeks early.