Sweet Vintage!

I love vintage. A good day for me would be wandering around an antique store for hours. Pre-loved linens, china and gilded frames are among the treasurers that I search for. With my love of all things vintage, it’s not surprising that our new Timeless Treasurers Collection has become a favorite of mine.

Timeless Treasures paper and Frames Foiled Fancies pair together perfectly. One of my favorite techniques to use with the frames is stamping on them with Fancy Patterns Stamp Set. This is a really simple technique that adds another layer to your project without much effort and who doesn’t like a short cut?

Use Timber Brown StazOn® ink to prevent smudging.

Use the surface of the ink pad to add color to the edges of the frame.

There are so many things to do with Frames Foiled Fancies! For this card I used a Spectrum Noir pen and sanding block to give the frame a distressed look that coordinated with the card. One of the things I like about using pens to color the Foiled Fancies, and then sanding them, is that you don’t have to be too careful about your coloring. You can be a little sloppy and it will still look great after a little sanding.  I took a few pictures as I was working on my project so you could get a better look:

I used the Timeless Treasures FREE Download cut outs to add a bit of lace to this card.

Color embossed areas with dark red (DR7) Red Spectrum Noir Pen.

Lightly sand with Sanding Block.

So easy to add a little color to your frame.

Teresa made this beautiful card using Frames Foiled Fancies and lightly sanded the embossed surface to give the frame a 2 toned look. I love the pearl embellishments!

Another great way to use the vintage look is with The Family Picture Holder Set. It comes unfinished, but is so much fun to decorate using Antique Gold and Graphite Cosmic Shimmer Paints and burgundy acrylic paint. Simply base coat the wood piece sides and back and cover front surfaces with  Timeless Treasures Paper and Ribbon Set.  The set comes with 3 picture holders (2 shown)  so you can use the house stacked or try using all pieces on your mantle with candles for a warm and cozy look. Cute!

That’s all for today. Be sure to check back next Tuesday and I will have some new goodies for you. Happy crafting everyone!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

10 Responses to “Sweet Vintage!”

1. Diane Lynne C. says:

I too love vintage. I think I should have been a teenager in the 50’s as I love the full skirts and the swing coats that were worn then. I love the FAMILY picture holder. I have yet to use the foiled fancies but I would definitely try your coloring and sanding techniques. Perhaps they will be on a $2.00 Tuesday. PS Perhaps ribbons will also be on a $2.00 Tuesday. Gotta love Tuesdays. Thanks PW for some great bargains.

• Elizabeth says:

Oh Gosh! Me too! I must have an old soul. I often have “dreams” or “flashbacks” of walking down an old road made of dirt not paved, and huge trees shadowing the way as they leaned towards each other like a bridge cover. Then there is a bench….a wooden bench and the views of me, a young woman in a long Victorian style dress. I know it sounds crazy, but it happens. LOL

I love anything vintage looking! Thanks for sharing your wonderful designs and techniques, LeNae!

2. Robyn Ford-Turnbull says:

Hi LeNae!
    You’ve made another hit with this Blog. I just pulled the striped paper from Timeless Treasures to make a BD card for a gentleman in a care facility! Will use the TT dazzles and maybe sand one… see how that works. I’ll also go through my other Foiled Fancies to find a fit, But I have to have the Frame Foiled Fancies now. Thanks for the inspiring projects on this Blog.
    Hogs & Quiches,
    Robyn

3. Debbie says:

What beautiful projects again. You guys never cease to amaze me. Thank you as always for your inspiration. Love you Paper Wishes.

4. Valerie Breingan says:

OMGOSH Lenae, so intricate. Really an elegant card.Love all the elements you used.

5. Rosie says:

Beautifully done again Lenae! Thanks for the free download. I love the first two cards.

6. Liz D. says:

Love the the collection and what you have done with it! As always!!
    By the way- the download has “moment” spelled wrong on one of the tags.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Liz, glad you enjoyed this weeks blog. Thanks for bringing up the “Momet” label, we get questions about this type of thing occasionally. The word “Momet” was meant to be part of the French themed art. Just a French name that might be on a wine label. Looking at it again, our graphics team agrees that it does indeed look like a misspelling of the word “Moment” especially when you read the text on the label. If you look at the Timeless Treasurers papers you see the word several more times and it looks more appropriate. Lesson learned and thanks for your input.
      LeNae

7. Elaine Faulkner says:

I’m with you LaNae, I could wander hours on end through any antique, thrift, resale, or flea market with total abandon (well, actually, I DO)!! Thank you for sharing your talents with us all once again. This whole collection is wonderfully nostalgic.