Paper Crafting Galore!

Hello friends! This week I have so much so show you so let’s get right to it!

When Ellison’s Mini Album cutting die landed on my desk this week I was immediately impressed with all of the fun elements and details that came with this die collection. I thought with this one die set you could easily make a series of mini albums for someone living far away with no fuss or muss.

Bethany saw this Tea Light Box Cutting Die project at the Spellbinders booth at the Creativation show last month. She thought I would LOVE it and she was right!

How amazing to make your own seasonal tea light holders or little gift boxes! And for weddings! I bought over 100 tea light holders for my wedding. I wish I would have had this die!

I would recommend using a battery-operated candle. The box is paper, after all.

New Spectrum Noir Pens are here! I couldn’t wait to get my hands on them so I used the Nature set with the Sunny Vase Stamp, Sunny Vase Die, Painted Lace Paper Pack and Jute Twine. Don’t forget to add foam tape to give some lift to the top flower.

I colored the blossom center with RB4 & RB2 brown pens and the petals with RB2 brown, BO4 orange and GY4 golden yellow.

After coloring the vase with AB1 & AG1 pens, I wanted the vase to shine so I added drops of Crystal Lacquer to the teardrop pattern.

Crystal Lacquer has been around for years and it’s a great way to add some clear dimension to your projects. Just remember never shake the bottle or you will get air bubbles!

If you are new to cardmaking or even if you’re experienced, consider dropping by our newly updated Cardmaking 101 site. There are lots of quick videos to help you get started or to review a technique.

Thanks for stopping by today and happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

20 Responses to “Paper Crafting Galore!”

1. Debbie says:

Everything is beautiful. LeNae, could you give me some tips on embossing? Every time I emboss something the powder falls off even after letting it sit overnight. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. Could you please help? Much appreciated.
    Deb Faulkner

• Athna-May says:

Yes, LeNae, please give us some tips on embossing. I am never sure of the steps.

Thank You for all of the great ideas and beautiful projects that you make for us.

Athna-May Porter

2. Nona says:

Thanks LeNae,
    Beautiful projects as always!
    Nona

3. Sharon Perehudoff says:

Wow ! Love every thing that is on this blog for sure, do have to get the tea light die cut cause seen this done before and you do need to use the batteries candles for sure. What amazing colors on the sun flowers. Will be getting and trying this soon after I feel better,just can’t shake this darn flu that has been going around and don’t like been sick miss putting in my orders from paperwishes but will try very soon. So happy that I found this wonderful website !

4. Vicki A. says:

Hello Le Nae, what a beautiful card, so bright and colorful. I really
    appreciated you mentioning the Chrystal Lacquer. I hadn’t heard about
    that product. The finish on the vase really stood out using it. I will
    definitely research where I might find it.

Thanks again, La Nae for your beautiful cards and mentioning all of the products you use. You are such a wonderful artist!!!

5. Cynthia S says:

Can’t wait to get the new SN pens…doing a lot of coloring lately for special cards.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Absolutely! Thanks for stopping by Cynthia.
      LeNae

• Robbie says:

I can’t tell for sure if these are new colors or a different assortment packaging. Can you tell me as I have trouble reading the small color designations?

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Robbie, according to our Paper Wishes buyer, the New Vintage and Nature collections of Spectrum Noir Pen colors are not repeated in other sets. I have tried them out and they are amazing! My personal favorite is the nature set.
        LeNae

6. Faye Thompson says:

Thank you, LeNae, for those great tips and ideas. It looks beautiful.

7. Pat says:

Those sunflowers are gorgeous and the vase looks so realistic. Beautiful work LeNae.

8. Inga says:

I don’t want to pry but are you related to the wonderful woman that used to make the beautiful mixed media cards and had all those terrific Posh stamps. I have her videos and marvy markers still. She was always so happy and made my day.

9. Caroline B says:

Awesome new goodies, LeNae. I especially like your sunflower colouring and the gorgeous vase. Who needs Nuvo drops when you can add Crystal Lacquer to any colour?