Birds & Bunnies

Hello everyone! Today I’m bringing you some projects to get you thinking about spring and Easter! I’m wondering if any of you like to add touches of spring to your home decor like I do? I don’t go all out, like I do for Christmas, but a few accessories here and there can help to chase the gloomy rainy days away (if you live in the Pacific NW).

I made this sweet wood birdhouse by painting the base and edges with Gold Cosmic Shimmer paint and then covering the walls using Song Birds Paper Pack and Song Birds Foil Paper Tole. Fortunately, the bird house comes in pieces and can easily be put together by connecting notches with a little Craft Tacky glue. So easy to do!

After the sides of the house were complete, I placed the Rose Stencil on a piece of the roof and used a mini squeegee to apply white embossing paste. After cleaning the stencil I repeated the process on the other roof piece.

Let the embossing paste dry thoroughly (several hours) and paint both roof pieces with gold Cosmic Shimmer paint. After the paint dries I used an art dauber to apply brown StazOn® ink to give an antique finish.

After gluing the roof pieces to the house top, add the finishing touches of Chocolate Chip Vintage Lace Tape, blue buttons,  a pink rose and brown grosgrain ribbon to make a bow.

This Easter card just makes me happy!  The Easter Blessings stamp set from Art Impressions is adorable! How can you not fall in love with frolicking bunnies? After stamping with black Momento ink on white cardstock, I used Pastel Spectrum Noir pens to color the images.

The torn Painted Lace papers work well for whimsical grass and sky and I tucked delicate Easter eggs (3 Easter Eggs Cutting Die) behind the torn edges. Finish with a pink grosgrain ribbon, from Painted Lace Ribbon Set, to make a bow.

Don’t forget to stop by our Weekly Webisodes, Wednesday 15th, and join Paulette and Gail for more Easter crafts!

Thanks for stopping by today! Happy Crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

10 Responses to “Birds & Bunnies”

1. Sharon Perehudoff says:

Thank you LeNae for another wonderful blog. Love what you done with the bird house very impressing. Can’t wait to start ordering again my money is a bit tight at the moment. Love Easter and Spring and can’t wait to get started. Keep up the wonderful work that every one does at PaperWishes.

2. Pat says:

I love, love, love the Three Easter Eggs cutting dies. They make such beautiful cards and to think I got them on sale to boot. Hooray for me and Paper Wishes. Thank you. Your blog was very inspirational. Who would have thought that a birdhouse would use the rose stencils? I bought that and it has shown me some other uses for it via the blog. Thank you again, Paper Wishes. You rock!

• LeNae Gerig says:

Thanks Pat! We are going to be doing some more different types of paper crafting in the near future, just to mix things up.
      LeNae

3. MTPat says:

Your birdhouse is adorable. I enjoy seeing other ways to use our paper-crafting supplies.

4. Janice says:

Love the birdhouse & would be fun to make as a gift! Where do you get it?

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Janice, Paper Wishes sells the bird houses. Just click on the blue underlined “bird house” link in the blog text. All of the underlined blue words are links.
      thanks,
      LeNae

5. Beverly Pittman says:

Thanks Janice for the inspiration and information. Adorable bird house. Just ordered it. Now I have to watch this weeks webisode to see what else I might need to have. I love Paper Wishes.

6. Beverly Pittman says:

Sorry I meant LeNae. Good price on the bird house.