Embossed Bouquet & PopCard Elephant

Hello everyone some of you may have received an incomplete blog post last Friday. Oops! The web guys have added extra steps to prevent future oopsies. Be sure to take a look at the bottom of the blog because you may have missed out on something.

This sweet pink & green card features the NEW Paisley Bouquet stamp set from Joy Clair. The images are very detailed so I used Black Super Fine Embossing Powder which is perfect for this type of stamp. After I cut out my  images  I colored them with Spectrum Noir Illustrator Tones Set and added details like black Jute Twine and Black Jewel Dazzles™ stickers for a little sparkle. And I don’t want to forget to mention that I used Layered Labels Design Tool Kit #10 to make the shaped card flap.

Over the past 8 weeks I have had several readers comment that they are having issues with heat embossing.  I was going to film a quick little video in the hope that it would clear up some of their issues. Then I remembered that I had recently filmed an update on heat embossing for our Stamping 101 videos. Take a look and I hope this helps.

Outside

Next up is an elephant Popcard and Popcard Template Cutting Die from Art Impressions! This card has an adorable paper engineering surprise inside. I used Hopscotch Paper Pack, 8 Circles and Scallops Cutting Dies, Cool Greys, Reds, Yellow and Turquoise Spectrum Noir Pens and (sneak peak) Happy Birthday Greetings Dazzles™ stickers available this spring.

Inside

This card was so fun to make and I encourage you to give it a try. I have even included a quick little video to help you get a better look.

On Wednesday, March 8, Paper Wishes own Gail Booth will be on HSN, featuring some must have Paper Wishes products. Click here and select Wednesday’s schedule to check out the schedule so you don’t miss a thing. Have a great day and happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

12 Responses to “Embossed Bouquet & PopCard Elephant”

1. Diane Lynne C. says:

I thought something was odd about that email. The dates on the comments were quite old. Anyway, I love these 2 cards. Also, I look forward to seeing Gail on HSN, she does an excellent job.

2. Debbie says:

Thank you LeNae for the embossing tips. I think I finally got it. I wasn’t holding my heat gun close enough and wasn’t waiting long enough for it to turn. Thank you again. Love all of your products and tips. Have a great day.

3. Mary Ann Hiskey says:

Cute! Would be darling for my little great grandson!

4. Sharon Perehudoff says:

Thanks so much LeNae for sharing on heat embossing, will have to try it very soon. Really enjoy Paperwishes Blog cause sure helps out for card and scrapbook making.

Thanks for sharing ideals as well!

5. Marie Mar says:

My callender says that March 8th is Tuesday. What time will you be on HSN. I don’t want to miss your show. Today is Sunday the 6th. LOL…OOPS, forget it. I’m on a different time zone. My clock has gone past 12 and it is Monday!!

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Marie, I update the blog link, at the bottom of the page, to direct you to the hsn schedule.
      LeNae

6. Pat says:

Are there any Christmas pop card dies such as Santa, etc.? These are really cute and thank you for demonstrating how to make it. It looks complicated but you made it seem so easy. Guess it’s the unknown that always makes you feel you can’t do the project. Thank you.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Pat, this is a new product for Art Impressions, but when it is time to roll out their Christmas products we will be sure to keep an eye out. Thanks for checking in.
      LeNae

7. Cher says:

Very well done, thank you, going to give it a try!