Shake It Up!

Hello everyone, today we will be taking a look at cards designed with pure joy in mind…Shaker Cards! Fun to send for birthdays and any time someone needs a giggle.

Take a look at this adorable gumball shaker card that Debbie made. It was inspired by her granddaughter and she even filled it with candy! Debbie covered the card with The Sweet Life Paper Pack & used Pink Hearts Holographic Paper on the inside. She used Shaped Shaker Small Circles cutting die set to cut the star shapes and the round hole for the self-adhesive Shaker Small Circles Inserts. She stamped the gumball machine images using Sweet Treats Shaker Clear Stamp Set glued to the card front.

Card inside: Back Shaker Small Circle Inserts with paper and glue to the card inside.

This next card has a mini shaker feature that you can easily make using 8 circle cutting dies and embellish with Dazzles™ stickers.

I used Botanical Frames Paper Pack and Scrapbooking Dazzles™ stickers to create the card, coloring the white cardstock backed Dazzles™ stickers with Tones Spectrum Noir Illustrator pen set (my favorite).

To create the mini shaker portion of the card I cut white craft foam 2 3/8″x2 1/4″ and Botanical Frames striped paper to the same size. Placing the paper on the foam (but not gluing) I ran both through a die cutting machine, cutting a 1 7/8″ wide circle in both the paper and foam.

Cut a piece of acetate to the same 2 3/8″x2 1/4″ size and glue to one side of the craft foam (using glue stick). Make sure the area around the circle is glued down snugly to prevent losing the sequins.

Cut green paper to 2 5/8″x2 3/8″ and glue to the front of the card. Place a pinch of Grandma’s Roses Sequins on the center and glue the die cut foam rectangle over the top (foam side down and paper side up). Embellish the acetate widow with a Dazzles™ sticker (I used Botanical Frames Dazzles™ Scrapbooking Stickers).

Here is a quick little video for the mini shaker card:

Did you know that March is National Craft Month? Celebrate with us by taking 20% off the highest priced item in your cart (yes some restrictions do apply).

Thanks for stopping by today and happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

12 Responses to “Shake It Up!”

1. Sharon Perehudoff says:

LeNae, thanks so much for sharing on how to make a shaker. Just wondering on the sizes of paper you did for the shaker?

Have a wonderful day !

2. Pat says:

I love shaker cards! Any child would be happy to get the gumball card. I like the idea of a mini shaker on a regular card–an awesome embellishment!

3. Lennie says:

What a delightful idea! I never thought of making a tiny one and just adding it as an little addition to the card. Thanks for the idea.

• LeNae Gerig says:

I’m not sure if making a mini shaker takes less time than a full size one, but it sure was fun to make!
      LeNae

4. Jo-Anne says:

That’s great LeNae! Thanks for a great video of how to do a shaker embellishment!! I love it!!! Have a great Spring! Jo-Anne

5. Karen Hale says:

LeNae, thanks for sharing your charming shaker card. I love making shakers and the recipients love getting them. The addition of the butterfly dazzles on top was a splendid idea.
    Happy Spring!
    Karen

6. Beverly Pittman says:

How timely. I needed a new cheerful idea for a get well card for an elderly friend. Thanks for being always inspirational.

7. Rosie says:

AAhhh how cute it is! I don’t think i have ever made one so just might have to try a little one. Thanks for showing how.