Butterflies Galore!

I have butterflies on my mind this week.

I covered the Circle Wood Shelf with Sunday Musings Paper, using the center of the newsprint paper so the floral corner embellishment would fall on the edges of the circle. Then I inked the circle edges using the surface of a Black Ink Pad. Before placing the shelves in the slots on the circle, I stenciled 2 large Layered Butterflies using Red Cat’s Eye Queue Pigment Ink Pad Set.

I used Stencil Tape to secure the stencil and then used the surface of the peach ink pad for the first layer.

Next came the orange ink pad.

Then Black Ink for the body. This was a tight space so I used a Cosmetic Sponge.

Finally came the red ink pad for the details.

The Circle Shelf does not include a hanger, so I picked up a sawtooth hanger at the local hardware store. I attached the hanger before gluing the paper-covered shelves into the notched spaces.

This decorated Distressed Wood Plank is a quick and easy project that features lots of style! Debbie used the Butterflies Punch Out Project Pad, which includes 575 foiled butterfly die-cuts. Add some Acetate Butterflies for extra shine and you’re done!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you’re inspired to make something today! Happy Crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

9 Responses to “Butterflies Galore!”

1. Dawn says:

You’ve inspired me to make the wood circle shelf!! It’ll make a lovely gift for my sister’s upcoming birthday. My question is what type of adhesive did you use to adhere the paper to wood? Also did you seal the shelves with laquer when finished trimming them? Lastly how did you ink the mason jar?
    Beautiful job! -Dawn

2. Diane Lynne C. says:

Stunning. Love it.

3. Linda Howell says:

I just love this. I have two loves when I work with paper Roses and Butterflies. My problem is that I have to remember that not everyone likes roses and butterflies. But sometimes I say that you have to stop and smell the roses and watch the butterflies flit from rose to rose.

Your butterflies are just perfect. I wish that I could buy them all.

4. Carol Jones says:

Beautiful projects!

5. Becca Sadler says:

Both projects are lovely!!! Butterflies are my favorite insect and design motif!!! My laundry room has a butterfly theme right now. Don’t have room in there for either project right now, but like another respondent, I might just have to make one for a gift!!

6. Marie Mar says:

Great post! I just got it….July 8th. Don’t know how that happened. Love everything in it, especially the pop ups.