Mixed Media Journals & Planners

Hi everyone! Have you noticed how popular journals and planners have become? I think it’s because many people crave both a creative outlet and something tactile, instead of putting our reminders and memories into something electronic. Journals and planners are also portable, which makes them ideal to take along with you.

Ranger’s Dylusions Creative Dyary (named for designer Dyan Reaveley) has 56 double-sided cardstock sheets that contain undated weekly pages on the left and decorated background pages on the right.

I love that some of the pages are perfect for coloring (when you’re on the go just take your pens or pencils with you) and others are mixed media backgrounds that are perfect for Dazzles™ Stickers and stamping. For this page I used Zen Butterflies Dazzles™ Stickers and I colored them with Spectrum Noir™ Metallic Pencils.

Personally, I’m a planner girl. I like to record coming appointments and dates to keep organized. I highlight certain events or dates with the Dylusions Creative Dyary Clear Stamp Set and then I add notes, after that day has passed, where I might use Dazzles™ Stickers and record funny things that happened or people I met. I don’t worry about how pretty it is because it’s just for me! The Dylusions Creative Dyary Clear Stamp Set can be used to make a planner or calendar out of any journal. It’s a great tool to have around.

On the Mixed Media side I added Paisley Patterns Stamps and colored them with Spectrum Noir™ Metallic Pencils. A little Washi Tape kept my journaling note in place and hid info that I didn’t want to forget.

There are so many types of Journals & Planners available today and it can be hard to decide which is best for you. I made a quick little video to show you what’s available.

Summer is a great time to get started with your Journal or Planner. I encourage you to give it a try. Happy Crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

11 Responses to “Mixed Media Journals & Planners”

1. Trish says:

This is so cool! Beautifully decorated. I would like a mixed media Personal Shopper!!! 🙂 (hint hint)
    Thank you for such inspiring ideas!!!

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Trish, I’ll pass your hint onto the team. I agree a mixed media Personal Shopper would be fun!
      LeNae

• Tammy Davis says:

I agree with Trish!!! That would be a super fun Personal Shopper! Just in case you are taking votes!

2. Ruth says:

I enjoy decorating my journal, but find it difficult to carry with me, along with my coloring pencils/pens. I’d like to see a gusseted pocket added in the back of a journal that could hold 6 – 12 coloring pencils/pens. And, if there is a smaller, piggy-backed pocket attached, it could hold dazzles or other stickers (or in a front pocket).

3. Sharon says:

Sure is beautiful very well decorated. Have to agree with Trish about the mixed media Personal Shopper LOL LOL. LeNae thanks for such inspiring ideals very colorful.

4. Marie Mar says:

Glad to see more journals. I like to decorate them and give them as gifts. Sometimes I pad the covers and use fabric, and I always include a bookmark that is attached. My daughter loves them. They are also nice to give full of inspirational poetry.

5. Valerie Breingan says:

Yes! A mixed media personal shopper would be a first that I’ve seen.Id buy it.Though I’m a cardmaker ,this year I decided to tackle a new and I’m loving mixed media.

6. Lisa says:

I would like a mixed media subscription box.

• LeNae Gerig says:

WOW Lisa, yours is the 5th request for a Mixed Media Personal Shopper Subscription Box! Ok everyone, you have our attention. What types of Mixed Media would you like to see in the box? This is your chance so let us know.
      LeNae

7. Carol Jones says:

Personally I never got into planners but I think they would make excellent gifts. Thanks for the inspiration LeNae!

8. Becca Sadler says:

Great ideas, LeNae!!! It makes the day and week much more cheerful when it is filled with ways to creatively express one’s self like note-making and appointment reminders. Thanks for posting a variety of examples!!!