Vignette Boxes

I’m in LOVE with Tim Holtz idea-ology Vignette Boxes! They make perfect mini display cases for photos and keepsakes.

The boxes come nested in four different sizes and the embellishing possibilities are limitless! For my Stacked Memory Boxes, I used Romantic Butterflies Artful Card Kit papers and family photos to cover the back panels inside the boxes. The die-cut shapes added dimension and whimsy. After decorating the boxes I used Craft Tacky Glue to glue the small box inside the large box and another large box on top. I glued a photo inside a large Bezel Die Square Frame Jewelry Pendant and glued that to the edges of the box.

I also used Artful Romantic Butterflies Ribbon Set, Purple Rosette Flowers and Lilac Mini Paper Roses to add some color and texture. Vintage Heart & Key Charms and a pocket watch from Gentlemen Wooden Flourish Pack added the perfect finishing touches! The Stacked Memory Boxes can sit on a table or you could glue (no nails on the thin wood) a sawtooth hanger to the back for hanging.

Using the same package of four Tim Holtz Vignette Boxes, I also made a pedestal box featuring contemporary color photos.

I used Seaside Paper Pack and Ribbon Set, as well as Words Foiled Fancies (inked with Brown StazOn® Ink Pad and lightly sanded) a Metal Star Charm and a Wood Spool for the stand.

Give these fun boxes a try and happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

12 Responses to “Vignette Boxes”

1. Kathy Serrahn says:

Boxes look awesome

2. Marie Mar says:

TtHESE ARE REALLY PRETTY AND GIVE ONE SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO DO. MUCH NICER THEN JUST A PHOTOGRAPH. EXCUSE THE YELLING 🙂 DIDN’T NOTICE CAPS WERE ON!

3. Becca Sadler says:

Wow! Great examples using the vignette boxes and so many possibilities that could be done like contrasting a couple’s wedding pictures and their 10th or 25th or 50th!!! or a child’s kindergarten photo with his/hers 8th grade or 12th grade!!! Again, so many ideas.

• LeNae Gerig says:

I LOVE your ideas Becca! Where were you when I was brainstorming in the middle of the night? Thanks so much for your support!
      LeNae

4. Robyn says:

Once again another great inspirational blog from you. With an anniversary and graduation comin up, these will be great!! Thanks!

5. Elaine Faulkner says:

Hey LeNae,
    As always, “off the charts” fantastic project. Stunning, beautiful, thank you for sharing your talent with us all. And for jump starting our creative muses!!

6. Carline Marsh says:

I have been wanting to start getting some home made gifts together for Christmas and this will be a great start. You have provided wonderful ideas. Thank you very much. Love your blogs.

7. Carol Jones says:

I agree with Carline, these will make great. Christmas gifts! And with the year half over already it’s time to get started! Thanks LeNae for your great ideas & inspiration!