Sizzix DIY Succulent Wreath Kit

Hi everyone! Adorable succulents are everywhere and make great gifts and accents for your home. Personally, I’m obsessed with them and so is my 17 year old daughter. So you can imagine how excited we were to see the Sizzix DIY Succulent Wreath Kit! Realistic succulents made from paper? You bet!

The kit comes with everything you need to make the wreath, with the exception of a hot glue gun and, if you desire, ink pads to use on the leaf edges.

If wreaths aren’t your thing, consider using some or all of the succulents to create a mini garden in a terracotta pot!

You can easily make one potted garden and still make a wreath, as it is very lush and full, or consider making 10 or more pots full of succulents! What cute table centerpieces for an event or in a grouping in your home!

I picked up the supplies to make the potted garden at my local Dollar Store. I glued floral foam into a 4 1/2″ wide terracotta pot and glued moss around the edges.

Before assembling the die-cut succulent pieces, I inked the bright green leaf edges with light aqua ink from Blue Cat’s Eye Queue Pigment Ink Pad Set,  and the edges of the moss green leaves with dark pink ink from Pink Cat’s Eye Queue Pigment Ink Pad Set. After curling leaves around a pencil to give them some dimension, I assembled the succulents according to the Sizzix instructions and used hot glue to secure the plants to the foam.

The light green air plants were a snap to make and curving the leaves gives them a very realistic look.

Sizzix did a great little video demonstrating how to make teach type of succulent in the kit.

I encourage you to give the Sizzix DIY Succulent Wreath Kit a try and make it your own by experimenting with different containers.

Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

6 Responses to “Sizzix DIY Succulent Wreath Kit”

1. Valerie Breingan says:

Wow!,such a gorgeous wreath.Fantastic kit.

2. Pat says:

That wreath is beautiful and they took allot of the work out of it. I remember making one of those and cutting every single piece out by hand. That was when I first started and didn’t have any cutting dies, etc.

3. Carol Jones says:

Beautiful!

4. Becca Sadler says:

Wow! Amazing advances in paper crafting technology!

5. Jacqueline says:

Hello LeNae,
    I just now ordered the “Succulent Wreathe kit”! I am hopeful that the PW
    “Reverse Tweezers” will work, in place of the Sizzix tweezers, to form/hold the flowers/leaves into place. I like your idea of creating a “cactus flower-pot garden, to tie in with the wreath. Thanks a bunch!

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Jacqueline, I think the reverse tweezers will work just fine. I didn’t end up using any tweezers when making the succulents, but they are always nice to have.
      LeNae