Summer Days

Hello everyone! I don’t know about you, but I have lots of friends with summer birthdays to celebrate so I’m bringing you a few ideas for inspiration.

This card uses Nonna’s Garden papers, Sue Wilson Rose Oval Die Set from Creative Impressions, peach Crepe Ribbon, Grandma’s Roses Sequin Tin for some sparkle and my go-to stamps for birthdays, Birthday Greetings Stamp Set. This card came together so fast! I think I spent 20 minutes making it, giving me more time to spend on the gift.

This decorated Paper Mache Oval Box that Susan made would be a perfect gift-filled with something yummy, of course!

Susan stained the box using the surface of a Black StazOn® Ink Pad and then covered the lid with Striped Textured 3-D Paper. She cut one of the stripes from the paper and glued it around the box sides. For the decoration she foam taped White Truffle 3-D Paper Tole to the box top and sides. A sweet red dot bow from Bohemian Dreams Ribbon Set finished this adorable gift/trinket box.

For more inspiration be sure to check out the Webisode on 7-26, featuring Paper Mache Boxes!

That’s all for today. Enjoy those summer days and happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

14 Responses to “Summer Days”

1. Kathy Serrahn says:

Love the projects

2. Cynthia S says:

Loving the die from Sue Wilson, and the card you created using papers and embellies I already have in my stash. Happy Tuesday, LeNae!

3. Sharon says:

Gorgeous card! Enjoy using the Birthday Greetings which I have! The boxes are ideal to have to send as gifts, like how you can decorate them also. Thanks for sharing another wonderful blog LeNae.

4. Patricia Perkins says:

I just love the box, what a great idea and so very special.

5. Pat says:

Love, love, love the rose/oval die set. So pretty and delicate and you made a beautiful card. Also, was impressed with the White Truffle Paper Tole. It doesn’t look impressive but the way it appears on the box is very pretty. Thank you.

6. Carol Jones says:

Beautiful projects. What is behind the Rose Oval Die? Is that a die cut or a stamp? Sorry, it’s hard to tell on my phone. Thanks for another enjoyable blog LeNae!

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Carol, the Rose Oval Die comes in 3 pieces. The dark brown piece (on the card) is the outer frame. The white pieces is another rose oval frame and there is also a tan piece that is an oval that I stamped “Birthday Wishes” on. Thanks for checking in! LeNae

7. Carolyn Noel says:

The box is beautiful. It would make a gorgeous “cake”!!!

8. Diane Lynne says:

Sue Wilson’s dies are the best. Love the card.

9. Very pretty card using the Sue Wilson die! Thanks for sharing.

10. Linda Batson says:

Hello LaNae I think this is just lovely. You could use it in so many things. I enjoy watching you show how to do things.

11. Jeannie Brown says:

I love the card, I will have to make it tomorrow. TYFS

12. Yacon Root says:

Awesome Blog. Very much enjoyed reading.

13. cindy says:

This is very creative.I would like to try it.