Cut & Emboss Embellishments

Hi everyone! This week I have been playing with Momenta Cut & Emboss Sets. I was impressed with how easy it was to create a really nice embossed die-cut embellishment for my cards. I LOVE butterflies and started with the Butterfly Cut & Emboss Set first.

I used Watercolor Paper and some Stencil tape to keep the butterfly embossing die positioned over the die-cut image. Once in position, I placed the butterfly embossing plate and watercolor butterfly on a Silicone Rubber Embossing Mat. The spongy mat gives the embossing plate something to press into when it’s run through a Die Cutting Machine.

The Creative Impressions Essentials Cosmic Shimmer Iridescent Watercolor Palette contains a great spectrum of colors. I selected blues and greens for my Watercolor Paper butterflies.

First I painted the embossed background with very watery blue paint and then I painted the de-bossed portions of the wings with both blue and green watercolors. Once dry, I added some sparkle with Morning Dew Nuvo Crystal Drops onto the de-bossed portions and let dry.

I placed my butterflies on Twilight Jewels Paper and a Bendi Die-Cut Card. Lime Jewel Border Dazzles™ Stickers along the top and bottom card edges, Birthday Greetings Dazzles™ Stickers and white velvet glitter ribbon from Twilight Jewels Ribbons added the finishing touches.

When I first saw the Bird Cut & Emboss Set I knew I was going to use it with Song Birds Paper Pack, Scrapbooking Dazzles™ Stickers and Ribbon Set! I cut and embossed my sweet little bird from black cardstock and then brushed Indian Gold Nuvo Embellishment Mousse over the embossed surface. I foam taped the bird to the card and then added some gold around the edges of my card.

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you come away inspired to make something today. Happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

7 Responses to “Cut & Emboss Embellishments”

1. Kathy Serrahn says:

beautiful cards

2. Barb Nic says:

Die-cutting is fabulous, but I don’t have a machine and probably never will (my husband says I have too much “stuff” already). Is there some way I can use the die-cuts and embossing folders that I have gotten in kits, other that a die-cutting machine?

• LeNae Gerig says:

I have heard (but never tried) that you can use a rolling pin to simulate the rollers on a die cut machine. Paper goes in the folder, close folder and then roll the pin over folder with lots of pressure.
      LeNae

3. Diane Lynne Clemen. says:

wONDERFUL CARDS, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU SHOWCASED SOME OF MY FAVORITE pw PRODUCTS, LIKE THE bENDI CARDS. lOVE THEM.

4. Jeannie Brown says:

Love this bendy card!!

5. Sharon Perehudoff says:

Really love the bendy cards. Thank you LeNae for another wonderful blog.

6. Carol Jones says:

Beautiful cards! These new cut & emboss folders look very intriguing, can’t wait to try them. Thanks LeNae!