Winter’s Butterfly

Hello everyone, I have a wonderful new paper collection to show you! Winter’s Butterfly Paper Pack combines the unexpected themes of butterflies and snowflakes beautifully!

I love the page that Debbie made using Winter’s Butterfly Papers, Scrapbooking Dazzles™ Stickers and Purple Jewel Dazzles™ Stickers.

This stunning butterfly card features the Christmas Clearly Creative Kit, which includes 5 sheets of printed acetate, each with a different Christmas theme. Susan used Tim Holtz® Alcohol Inks Eggplant, Cranberry & Lettuce  and Pool to color the back side of the acetate (if you color the front the alcohol in the ink will remove the printed image). She then backed the colored acetate with Clear Glitter Sheets for sparkle! A bow made from Winter’s Butterfly Ribbons adds the finishing touch.

For this card, I altered Jeweled Snowflake Dazzles™ Stickers with Purple Spectrum Noir™ Pens.

While the Jeweled Snowflake Dazzles™ Stickers were still on the backing sheet I colored them with Spectrum Noir™ Purple (PL4) Pens.

Then I added a darker shade of purple (LV3) to add some contrast.

After placing the Dazzles™ Stickers on the card, I colored in some of the jewels with dark purple (LV3) and then added drops of Bottle Green and Oyster Grey Nuvo Crystal Drops for dimension.

A large purple flower from Petaloo Botanical Blooms Lavender/Purple and Winter’s Butterfly Ribbon on the top left corner finishes this card.

That’s all for today! Don’t miss our New Week Of Webisodes, August 28-September 1 and happy crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

13 Responses to “Winter’s Butterfly”

1. Linda Howell says:

Your work is always so beautiful. I wish that I could do half as good (or is it well, I don’t know). The webisodes go to fast for me. So I can’t really follow them and keep track of what I see. Is there any tricks that you could offer me that could help?

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Linda, when I’m watching tutorial videos on Paper Wishse or Youtube I watch them once and then go back and watch again and use that pause button. You can click directly on the video image and a slider bar will appear so you can move forward or backward in viewing. I use this feature all the time. Thanks for your sweet comments and I hope this helps:o)
      LeNae

• Sherry Lesiak says:

Linda – I love the Paper Wishes Webisodes as you can click on the “click here for instructions and project photos” just below the video before viewing. You get step-by-step instructions as well as a photo and you can take your time.

2. Patricia Wilson says:

Very pretty and the coloring with the Spectrum Noir was great. I tried that and it didn’t seem to work but was working on white so maybe that was the reason. Thanks for sharing and giving us inspiration.

• LeNae Gerig says:

Hi Patricia, yes the white will color, but will appear more pastel-not as vibrant as the silver pearl material from the Jeweled Snowflake Dazzles™ Stickers.
      LeNae

3. Sharon Perehudoff says:

Thanks so much LeNae for this wonderful blog, learned some new tips when it comes doing dazzles. Beautiful Butterfly collection can’t wait to place a order in very soon.
    Sure is a pleasure reading PaperWishes blog cause it teaches us how to work with dazzles and other things. Have a wonderful week. Thanks for sharing LeNae.

4. Diane Lynne C. says:

Beautiful papers. This purple, green and blue pallet are some of my favorite colors. Paper Wishes has excellent designers. What talent they have.

5. Barb Nicholas says:

I have a few cutting dyes and no machine and little chance of getting one. Is there a way to use these cuttng dyes?

6. Jeannie Brown says: