Garden Walk Cardmaking

Hello everyone! I love this time of year when I can share more new and wonderful paper packs with you! Today is Garden Walk! These papers are inspired by botanical gardens, but the colors are also perfect for the fall season.

This first card features the Penny Black Serenity & Peace tree and Believe dies which are both so versatile.

The 4″ Round Paper Doily is easily customized by inking the edge with bronze ink from Basics Cat’s Eye® Queue® Ink Pads.

Die cut the Serenity & Peace tree from Double Sided Adhesive and place it over the doily.

After removing the backing I sprinkled Gemstones Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes over the adhesive and then used Scoochy Foam square to burnish off the excess flake. Don’t waste it! Return the excess flakes to the jar and use it again.

Cut the Penny Black Believe die from black cardstock and glue over the trunk of the tree.

For a completely different look I paired the Garden Walk Papers and Ribbon Set with the Prima Princess Collection Stella Stamp and Penny Black Vine Borders Cutting Dies.

After stamping the image with Black Memento Ink, I used FS7 from Pastels Spectrum Noir™ Pen Set to outline areas on the face and body.

Next I colored the skin with FS4, blending the darker shade with the light.

If coloring stamps with skin tones intimidates you, then consider spot coloring the image, omitting the skin tones and focusing on the flowers.

When coloring the flowers, I continued to use Pastels Spectrum Noir™ Pen Set as well as Purple and Pink Spectrum Noir™ Pen Sets. Once cut out I can easily substitute this spot colored image for the fully colored one on my card.

Thanks for joining me today. Remember to make some time during the week to craft something pretty. Happy Crafting!

LeNae Gerig

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

8 Responses to “Garden Walk Cardmaking”

1. Cynthia Stasiewski says:

So pretty. Thank you for all the inspiration.

2. Valerie Breingan says:

Stunning card.

3. Patricia Wilson says:

Wow! Your coloring on the Prima Princess stamp was amazing. When I grow up, I hope I can be that good. Guess it takes allot of practice. Thanks for sharing with us!

4. Diane Lynne C. says:

Garden Walk is such a beautiful collection of papers. I think they catch my eye as I see a bit of vintage in them. Great card.

5. Faye Thompson says:

Lovely and informative.
    Thanks.

6. Robyn Turnbull says:

Thanks LeNae for the wonderful Garden Walk cards. I love the paper pack, and will try my hand with the tree & adhesive. Just lovely.
    Robyn

7. Jeannie Brown says:

Both cards are beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us.

8. Carol Jones says:

Beautiful work LeNae! Thank you!