With Halloween now behind us, it feels safe to start delving into the holidays with a little Christmas cardmaking! Hot Off The Press’ 2015 Christmas Collection is called Winter’s Garden and it’s a fun, new look for Christmas! We’ve updated the traditional “Christmas red” by adding lime green, sky blue and chocolate, and I’m more than in love with the tiny holly pattern.
Here are two gorgeous cards from two of our top designers, Teresa Welch and Susan Cobb. These ladies are always creating inspiring projects, and I just had to share! Below, Teresa’s card makes use of Winter’s Garden Foil Paper Tole—a quick and easy route to a stunning focal! For a cleaner look, she’s used Winter’s Garden Die-Cuts on the inside. Don’t be afraid to mix and match the two!
Layered Ornaments Christmas Card by Teresa Welch
- Winter’s Garden Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Tan cardstock (link)
- Winter’s Garden Die-Cuts (link)
- Winter’s Garden Foil Paper Tole (link)
- Home for the Holidays stamp set (link)
- Red Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- Silver Pearl Flower Dazzles™ (link)
- Winter’s Garden ribbon set (link)
- 6¼”x9¾” oval white paper doilies (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Acrylic stamping block (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5″x6½” white card & envelope (link)
- Craft glue
Below, we have Susan’s card that also features Winter’s Garden Foil Paper Tole, and she has added sugared berries and a red blossom for even more impact! Both cards make use of Jewel Dazzles™, and these babies just make everything a little more special! They add bling to your projects (without the bump!) and really, you can’t have too many. 🙂
Merry Christmas Card by Susan Cobb
Susan’s Tip: I pulled apart clusters of the Green Sugared Berries and added them individually at the edges of the paper tole embellishment as 3-dimensional accents. Ink the gold Dazzles™ “Joy” with metallic silver ink and let dry before adding it to the round die-cut on the inside.
- Winter’s Garden Double-Sided Scrapbooking Papers
- Winter’s Garden Foil Paper Tole
- Winter’s Garden Die-Cuts
- Winter’s Garden Ribbon Set
- White Cards & Envelopes
- Christmas Greetings Dazzles™ Stickers (3-pack)
- Silver Jewel Dazzles™
- Mini Red Poinsettia Blossoms
- Green Sugared Berry Clusters
- 4″ Heart Paper Doilies
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad
- StazOn Metallic Silver Ink Pad
- Medium Zots™
- Foam Tape
- 2 Photo Glue Sticks
Notice that both of these ladies chose to use doilies in their card designs! This adds a really sweet, vintage touch to each of these cards, which pairs really nicely with that charming holly pattern! Click on any item below to see more detail:
Inspired enough yet? I know I am! I look forward to making Christmas cards each year, and having a coordinated set makes it so much easier for me! And do you see that giant red grosgrain?! Be still, my beating heart! Anyway, I think I’ve drooled enough for the time being. Hope you enjoyed these lovely cards as much as I have. Have you started on your Christmas cardmaking yet? Let me know!
Take care & have a great weekend!
Paper Wishes Blog