Always in my heart
By: Susan Cobb
Fold down the top right corner of the card front and decorate it with a lace paper doily and Dazzle stickers for a pretty look. This card has a Valentine’s Day theme, but could easily work for anniversary by changing the words inside.
- Color Me Gold Swirls Paper (link)
- Boutique Paper Pack (link)
- Boutique Ribbons: 14" of 3/4" wide brown silk ribbon (link)
- Artful Boutique Scrapbook Dazzles™ (link)
- 5"x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- 4" round lace paper doilies (link)
- Dark pink cardstock (link)
- Dark Brown ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink pad (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- X-acto® knife (link) or other scoring tool (link)
- Ruler (link)
- Font: Cochin
- Black pen or computer printer
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with floral corner paper. Ink the edges brown. Measure 2 1/2" in both directions from the upper right corner of the card front and mark with a pencil. Score a diagonal line on the card between the marks, then fold the corner down over the paper.
- Cut a lace paper doily in half and glue centered over the corner, even with the folded edge. Glue corner in place. Place a large swirl corner sticker centered over the doily as shown. Add a heart sticker at the center. Place a narrow border sticker across the card front, even with the bottom edge.
- Cut a 1 3/8”x7/8” rectangle from green houndstooth paper and trim the corners for a tag. Cover the left side with a portion of the remaining lace doily, trimming edges evenly with the tag. Mat on brown swirls paper, leaving a 1/16” border. Place “love” sticker on the tag and glue angled to the lower right card front. Zot bow near tag.
- Cover the inside with green houndstooth paper and ink the edges brown. Write or computer print “Always on my mind, always in my” and “Happy Valentine’s Day” on remaining green textured paper (from the floral corner sheet) with space between for the “heart” word sticker. Trim to 5”x2 1/4" and mat top and bottom edges on brown, leaving 1/16” borders. Add narrow border sticker vertically to the piece, 1 1/2” from the left edge. Place “heart” between the words, and a heart sticker on each side.
- Place the remaining half of the lace doily beneath the block and glue both to the inside, 1 1/4" from the bottom. Place the swirls/butterflies sticker across the upper right corner, and a heart sticker near the point. Back the blossom of a rose with leaves sticker and trim around the edges. Add rose and Zot ribbon as shown.