By: Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Create a cutaway card by trimming 1” from the opening edge of the card front. Add paper and words to the bottom of the inside, and they are visible from the front of the card as well as the inside.
- Penelope Paper Pack
- Penelope Ribbon set
- Lacy Butterfly White Dazzles™
- Stitched With Love 3-D Papier Tole Foil Die-Cuts
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Lime & White cardstock
- Foam tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- black pen or computer printer
- font: Corinthia Professional
- Trim 1” from the long edge of the card front only. Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the remaining card front with lime/white gingham paper. Cut a 5 1/4"x3 1/4" aqua/white lace paper and mat on red/white dots paper with 1/16” borders. Glue centered to the card front.
- Place the lace medallion sticker from the Dazzles™ sheet centered on the aqua/white lace rectangle. Punch out the pieces of the roses papier tole embellishment and layer together with foam tape. Glue centered over the lace medallion sticker.
- Back a large butterfly sticker with lime cardstock, trimming edges beneath the sticker before pressing it into place. Foam tape the butterfly to the card front, extending it over the bottom left edge of the card. Repeat for a small butterfly, backing it with red/white dots paper. Foam tape to the upper right portion of the card. Use 1/8” wide teal grosgrain ribbon to tie a bow. Zot to the upper left portion of the card front.
- For the inside, glue a 6 1/2"x1” red/white dotted paper even with the bottom. Glue a 6 1/2"x2 1/2" aqua/white lacy paper even with the top edge of the dotted paper. Add a scalloped lace border sticker even with the top edge of the dotted paper.
- Form a loop in a 5” length of teal ribbon and Zot centered on the aqua/white lacy paper. Write or computer print “Wishing you well.” on white cardstock. Trim to a rectangle and mat on lime cardstock with 1/16” borders. Mat on red/white dots paper with 1/8” borders. Glue centered over the ribbon. Punch out a Papier Tole heart (extra art from the sheet) and glue overlapping the word block as shown. Back a small butterfly with red/white dots paper and glue to the left side of the words. Place “happy thoughts” on the lower right portion of the red/white dotted border at the bottom of the card.