By: Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: I scored down the center of the card front, then folded it back to create an “S” folded card. The embellishment on the front is glued to the left side and overlaps the inside.
- Painted Flowers Paper Pack
- Painted Flowers Ribbon set
- Painted Flowers 3-D Papier Tole Foil Die-Cuts
- Painted Flowers Die-Cuts
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Lavender cardstock
- Black pen or computer printer
- Foam tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Font: Sudestada
- X-acto® knife or other scoring tool
- Open your card out flat on your work surface. Score down the center of the left panel and fold back the flap on the scored line. Close the card so the scored and folded edge is at the center and the left edge of the flap is even with the original fold of the card.
- Cover the front left flap and the inside with floral/blue textured paper (from the bordered sheet), trimming evenly with the edges. Punch out the pink/purple scalloped die-cut frame. Write or computer print “Happy Birthday” on lavender cardstock and place the frame over the cardstock so the words are centered near the top of the frame opening. Trim edges even with the frame. Place the frame centered over the card front and glue the left side only to the folded left flap, leaving the right side to overlap the inside.
- Punch out the pieces for the floral Papier Tole embellishment and foam tape together by number over the matching design. Place the embellishment over the bottom edge of the die-cut frame and glue the left side only in place over the left flap. Use 12” of 3/4" wide lavender/white sheer dotted ribbon to tie a bow and Zot to the upper left edge of the frame.
- Write or computer print “Hope your day is extra special” centered on the blue /pink oval die-cut. Mat on lavender cardstock with a 1/8” border. Glue centered to the inside, checking that the oval is covered by the die-cut frame on the front when the card is closed. Tie a knot at the center of a 3” length of lavender/white sheer dotted ribbon and Zot near the edge of the oval. Glue or foam tape extra flower art from the Papier Tole sheet over the ribbon as shown.