Celebrate The Little Things
By: Susan Cobb
Susan's Tip: This engineered card will take a little extra time to create, but is well worth it! The card stands on it’s own when finished.
- Chalkboard Double-Sided Paper Pack
- Chalkboard Ribbons Set
- White Chalkboard Sayings Dazzles™
- Black Jewel Dazzles™
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card
- Perfect Pearls™ Café Embellishing Pigment Kit (mint)
- X-acto® knife (for cutting and scoring)
- Cutting mat
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Foam Tape
- Glue stick
- Sanding block
- Corner Chompers (or use scissors to round the corners)
- Open your blank card out flat and position it vertically, with the fold running horizontally across the center. Use your ruler and the dull side of your X-acto® knife blade to score a line across the card, 6” from the bottom. Now score a line across the card, 1” from the bottom. Use your ruler and knife to cut a 5” long vertical line between the 2 scored lines, 1” from the right side. Repeat for the left side. Score across each of these outer side sections, 2” from the bottom.
- Fold the bottom scored line into a mountain fold. 1” up, fold the sides into valley folds. Now fold the top scored line at the sides only into a mountain fold (this is 1” above the original card fold). Now fold the top center into a mountain fold, on the original card fold. Make sure your card base will stand up-- the center and bottom panels come forward, and the side panels are recessed.
- Open the card and place it out flat, positioned vertically, once again. Cover the bottom 1” of the card with Chalkboard green/aqua tiles paper and sand the edges. Cut a 4 1/2"x4” Chalkboard black scuffed paper and sand the edges. Glue centered on the center panel, even with the top of the green/aqua tiles paper. Cut two 1”x4” Chalkboard black/green/pink flourishes paper and sand the edges. Glue one to each side panel, even with the top scored line (6” from the bottom).
- Cut a 3 3/4"x2 7/8” Chalkboard pink scuffed paper and round the corners. Sand the edges. Place Dazzles™ “DO SOMETHING Every Day THAT MAKES YOU SPARKLE” centered on the pink paper. Foam tape centered on the black scuffed paper on the card. Use your finger to rub some mint Perfect Pearls over the Dazzles™ words. Lightly mist with water to set the Perfect Pearls and let dry.
- Add Dazzles™ borders on the edges of the black scuffed paper to frame it as shown. Add remaining Dazzles™ and Black Jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Wrap the bottom center of the card with 3/4" wide black crepe ribbon and tie a bow. Trim the ends into a “V”.
- Inside: Cut a 6 1/2"x4” Chalkboard black/green/pink flourishes paper and sand the edges. Glue on the inside, even with sides and bottom. Cut a 3”x2 1/2" Chalkboard pink scuffed paper. Round the corners and sand the edges. Place Dazzles™ “CELEBRATE THE LITTLE Things” centered on it. Add Perfect Pearls and mist to set as for the front. Add stars, hearts, and Black Jewel Dazzles™ as shown. Mat on Chalkboard black scuffed paper with 1/4" borders, then round the corners and sand the edges. Add Dazzles™ white borders to the sides, trimming evenly. Mat on Chalkboard green/aqua tiles paper with 1/4" borders. Sand the edges and glue centered on the card. Zot™ knotted black crepe ribbon as shown.