By: Susan Cobb
I stamped the images on the front on white vellum, then colored them in with chalks. Use a very small paintbrush to add chalk to the small spaces.
- Sew Cute Paper Pack
- Boutique Ribbon Set
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card
- Acrylic block
- HoneyPop Collection Tulip Duck Clear Stamp Set
- HoneyPop Collection Honeycomb paper—Cool colors assortment pack
- White vellum (Vellum Pad)
- Light pink cardstock
- Pebbles Shimmers Chalk Set: dark orange, yellow, lime, green, dark pink
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Very small paint brush
- Trim your card to a 5” square and place with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with the striped paper. Cut a 3 1/4"x4 1/4" white vellum. Stamp the duck with large tulip image on the center, the grass near the bottom, and the butterfly left of the tulip and above the duck as shown, all with black ink. Ink the edges lightly and let the piece dry completely. Glue to pink cardstock with 1/16” borders. Mat on green textured paper with 1/8” borders.
- Color in the stamped images with chalks, using the paint brush for the tiny spaces. Glue centered on the card front. Cut a small vellum tag and stamp “Hope your spring...” on the center. Lightly ink the edges and let dry. Glue to the right side of the vellum piece on the card front then add a folded 1” piece of lime/white gingham for a tab. Zot a lime/white gingham bow near the upper corner as shown.
- Inside: Stamp the “half” tulip blossom image onto a short side of the pink honeycomb paper, with the straight edge aligned with the edge of the paper. Cut it out. Stamp the duck with stem/leaves image centered on the inside of the card, 5/8” from the bottom. Stamp grass, butterfly and words near the duck as shown. Let dry completely, then color in the images with chalks as in step #2. Glue the honeycomb tulip blossom to the top of the stem so it is adhered to both sides of the fold.