By: Susan Cobb
Designer’s Tip: Use the stencil to dry emboss the images on vellum for a pretty look. Attach the vellum beneath the embossed areas with Clear Foam Tape—it doesn’t show through the vellum.
- Penelope Paper Pack
- Vellum Dots
- 8x8 Princess Cardstock
- Penelope Ribbon set
- Hoppy Easter Stencil
- Easter Scrapbooking Dazzles
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Stylus (for dry embossing)
- foam pad or computer mouse pad
- Stencil Tape
- wax paper (optional)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots
- Clear Foam Tape Roll
- Fine tip black pen or computer printer
- Font: Corinthia Professional
- Trim 1/4" from the opening edge of the card front and place with the fold at the top. Cover the card front with green/white gingham paper. Trim along the top and bottom scalloped edges of a 6 1/2"x1 1/8” section of striped paper. Glue to the bottom of the card front so the bottom edge of the trimmed scallop is even with the bottom edge of the card.
- Place the stencil on lime cardstock and trace around the outer edges with a pencil. Cut out the shape and mat on pink/white dotted paper with 1/8” borders. Mat again on aqua/white netted lace paper with 1/4" borders. Glue 1/8” wide teal grosgrain ribbon across the bottom edge of the aqua matting, trimming edges evenly. Glue centered to the green/white gingham paper, 1/2" from the top.
- Place large swirl stickers to the sides of the card front, near the matting as shown. Back two flower stickers with pink/white dotted paper for the blossoms and lime cardstock for the leaves. Add overlapping the stickers and the corners of the matting as shown. Tie two teal bows and Zot near each flower.
- Place the stencil face down, centered on your foam pad and anchor it with tape. Place a 4” square of Vellum Dots face down centered over the stencil and anchor the edges with tape. Lightly rub the wax paper on the vellum over the stencil area. Use the stylus to dry emboss the images onto the vellum, being careful not to press to hard as you could tear the vellum. Trim the edges to the shape of the stencil. Add small pieces of clear foam tape underneath the embossed bunnies and place the vellum even with the lime rectangle on the card front.
- Cut a 6 1/2"x1” lime cardstock and glue even with the bottom of the inside. Trim along the bottom edge of a 6 1/2"x7/8” striped paper and glue across the inside, 1/2" from the bottom. Write or computer print “Have an egg-cellent day!” on remaining vellum. Use the stencil to dry emboss an Easter egg below and left of the words. Trim the vellum to the size/shape of the stencil, then glue or foam tape to lime cardstock, trimming edges evenly. Mat on pink/white dotted paper with 1/4" borders. Glue centered to the inside, even with the top of the striped paper. Back a flower sticker with paper/cardstock as for the front and add near the embossed Easter egg. Zot a teal bow as shown.