Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!
By: Susan Cobb
I used Winter Swirls stamps, the Design Tool Kit #1 and a layering technique to create this beautiful card. I used templates from the kit to shape the card front and back, with the front smaller--so the shapes would layer into a striking cutaway-style card.
- Sunshine & Shadows Paper Pack
- Sunshine & Shadows Ribbons
- Winter Swirls Stamp set
- Acrylic block
- Design Tool Kit #1
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card
- solid white, solid black, solid pale yellow cardstocks
- StazOn® Black ink pad
- Foam tape
- Zots™ adhesive dots
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Sudestada
- Place your card so the fold is at the top. Cover the card front with yellow/white flourishes paper. Place the Bracket Cutaway shape with the long straight edge even with the fold of the card front. Trace around the shape with the pencil. Remove the template and trim along the lines of the shape.
- Stamp the largest swirl image vertically over the left side of the card front. Turn the stamp, ink again and stamp on the right side. Let dry. Trace the Victorian Label shape onto gray/white dotted paper. Cut out the shape and mat on white, with 1/16” borders. Mat on yellow/gray vines paper with ¼” borders. Mat again on black with 1/16” borders. Glue the matted shape centered over the card front, slightly overlapping the stamped images at the ends.
- Trace and cut out a large butterfly shape from pale yellow cardstock. Stamp the swirl border image over the center of the butterfly. Ink the stamp again and stamp over the upper left wing, then repeat for the upper right wing. Let dry, then mat on black with thin borders. Fold the wings slightly at the center and add foam tape to the back of the body. Place angled on the right side of the Victorian label shape on the card front. Trace and cut out a small butterfly from yellow/gray vines paper. Mat on black with thin borders. Fold the wings slightly at the center and foam tape to the center of the large butterfly on the card front.
- Write or computer print “Mom” on pale yellow cardstock. Trim to a rectangle and mat on black, then white, leaving a thin border on each. Glue to the Victorian label shape left of the butterflies. Zot yellow crepe knotted ribbon to edge of the label shape as shown.
- Cover the inside with yellow/gray vines paper. Place the largest Design Tool Kit shape on the inside so the straight edge is even with the fold. Trace the shape with the pencil, then trim the edges along the lines. Cut a 6 1/2”x1” yellow/white flourishes paper and mat on black with a thin border. Stamp the swirls border image at each end and let dry. Glue the rectangle across the inside, 1 1/4" from the top. Trim sides evenly with the shape of the card.
- Trace the Bracket Label A shape onto gray/white dotted paper. Cut out the shape and mat on white, with thin borders. Glue centered over the yellow/white rectangle. Fold the ends of the remaining piece of yellow crepe ribbon so it is 2 3/8” long. Glue vertically centered to the gray/white bracket label A shape. Write or computer print “Have a wonderful Mother’s Day!” on pale yellow cardstock. Trim to a rectangle and mat on black with thin borders. Glue centered over the ribbon.
- Trace a small butterfly shape on yellow/white flourishes paper. Cut it out and mat on black with thin borders. Glue angled to the inside as shown. Ink edges of the card front and inside and let dry.